Viewfinder bracket - Help

  • planetclaire69
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004
      I've just purchased a used ETX 105EC but no viewfinder bracket was
      included. Has anyone any ideas where I can get or buy one from?

      Thanks

      Wayne
      Worcs, UK.
    • Malcolm Stewart
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004
        Hi Wayne,

        I suggest you contact the UK importers - website below. I had excellent
        service from them last winter.

        http://www.meade.uk.com/

        Malcolm
        Milton Keynes, UK

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004
          That may be fortuitous. You might want to consider a Rigel instead of the
          normal viewfinder. I used one on my 90 and found it much easier to use and
          moved up to a 125 that had a Telrad already mounted when I purchased it.
          Not quite as convenient for the size of the scope but still better than the
          RACI also mounted on it.

          peter...

        • MaxIPTer@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004
            Get the Rigel Quickfinder.  I bought one for my 10" Dob and use the second supplied mount to toss it onto my ETX-125 when needed.  The short little Maks are notoriously challenging to "aim" at targets.
            Max
          • Michael Morris
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2004

              I would second the views of many below that now would be an excellent time to consider alternatives.  However, I would never consider doing without a viewfinder, They are essentil for tracking down that faint fuzzy just off the eyepiece field of view.  The quality of the Meade 8x25 finderscope usually supplied with the ETX105/125 is awful (loads of spherical aberration).  I have just read a good right up on the Orion 6 x30 right andgles viewfinder and will be getting one myself.  (http://www.weasner.com/etx/techtips/2004/orion-finderscope.html).  I would add a red dot finder as well.  The Rigel is very good but IMHO a little large and cumbersome on the ETX.  I would try the Stellarvue Red dot finder (http://www.weasner.com/etx/finders.html#stellarvue).  It has a bigger 'window' than most smaller red dot finders, variable intensity, easy adjustment and a low price.

              Michael Morris

              >From: "planetclaire69" <wayne_panton@...>
              >To: ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [ETXASTRO] Viewfinder bracket - Help
              >Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 10:38:17 -0000
              >
              >I've just purchased a used ETX 105EC but no viewfinder bracket was
              >included.  Has anyone any ideas where I can get or buy one from?
              >
              >Thanks
              >
              >Wayne
              >Worcs, UK.

              MSN Premium gives you PC protection, junk-mail filters, advanced communication tools and great software like MSN Encarta� Premium. Click here for a FREE trial!
            • planetclaire69
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2004
                Thanks to everyone who replied to my request, I know have more than
                option to think about!

                Wayne