Meade Electronic Eyepiece

  • dwardell
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2001
      If anyone is interested in Meade's new Electronic Eyepiece it can now be purchased at Target for $79.99 and they throw in a 60mm Alt-Az Refractor for free. :-) Actually it is the other way around but I like my version better. It is the same one that is currently being sold elsewhere for $79 without the scope. Yes it does fit both a 0.965 and 1.25 inch eyepiece holder by having a removeable metal sleeve. That is about all I can tell you about it as my wife has decided that this is going to be a DO NOT OPEN TILL XMAS present for me from someone on her side of the family and won't let me play with it till then.

      It's going to be hard Boy's and Girl's to wait that long!!!
      Dennis
    • Mike Gray
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
        Dennis:
        The Meade Electronic Eyepiece is a wonderful tool for daytime and bright
        nighttime objects (moon, planets, bright stars...etc). I had one until
        recently then sold it to another "newbie" to cut his teeth on.

        You might want to check the QCUIAG web site for information on doing
        dim and deepsky objects with "unconventional" devices. The members there
        are doing wonderful work with $30 to $100 webcameras and security cameras.

        Here's the URL to the QCUIAG WebSite.
        http://www.astrabio.demon.co.uk/QCUIAG/

        Happy Holiday Seasons!
        Enjoy your new toy!

        -----------------------------
        Mike Gray
        migray@...
        40:02:5.557N - 82:53:51.068W
        ----------------------------

        Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com
      • richg75369@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hi Dennis.
          I saw your post this morning and convinced my girlfriend I really needed it.
          :-)
          I have been talking to her about getting the eyepiece over the last couple of
          weeks.
          And after reading your post I convinced her we should get it today before all
          the astronomy folks do a mad rush to take advantage of this deal. I told her
          we couldn't get a better deal than a free telescope.
          She is debating if I have to wait til Christmas. I guess I better cook
          dinner tonight.
          Thanks for the info!

          Rich

          In a message dated 12/03/01 12:03:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          dwardell@... writes:

          > If anyone is interested in Meade's new Electronic Eyepiece it can now be
          > purchased at Target for $79.99 and they throw in a 60mm Alt-Az Refractor
          for
          > free. :-) Actually it is the other way around but I like my version better.
          > It is the same one that is currently being sold elsewhere for $79 without
          the
          > scope. Yes it does fit both a 0.965 and 1.25 inch eyepiece holder by having
          > removeable metal sleeve. That is about all I can tell you about it as my
          wife
          > has decided that this is going to be a DO NOT OPEN TILL XMAS present for me
          > from someone on her side of the family and won't let me play with it till
          > then.
        • Michael Wulff
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
            Has anyone used the new Meade electronic eyepiece.
            Ant comments you would like to share ?
          • mweasner@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
              mwulff@... (Michael Wulff) said on 2/1/2002 19:45:

              >Has anyone used the new Meade electronic eyepiece.

              Search my ETX for "electronic eyepiece" and you'll find several