Re: AutoStar and Double Stars

  • autostaretx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
      --- In ETXASTRO@y..., "conanld" <lsmdawson@c...> wrote:
      > I must admit that I haven't spent nearly as much time as I would
      like
      > following double stars. As a result, I'm not sure of the best way to
      > use AutoStar to that end. I was hoping to see a menu item for double
      > stars, but I alas it wasn't there.....or maybe I just missed it.

      It's a scroll down from Stars > Named
      There's
      Star > Named
      Star > SAO Catalog
      Star > With Planets
      Star > Double <---bingo!
      Star > Variable
      Star > Nearby

      > I would have liked to have seen a 'tour like' option for double
      > stars. I noticed that there were individual category selections for
      > nearly everything else, including galaxies, nebulas, star clusters
      > and so on, but no double stars.

      There's (at least) one called "Doubles Club"
      (i don't have a link to it right now.. i'll be it's at Mike's site)

      have fun
      --dick
    • conanld
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
        --- In ETXASTRO@y..., "autostaretx" <rseymour@w...> wrote:
        > --- In ETXASTRO@y..., "conanld" <lsmdawson@c...> wrote:
        > > I must admit that I haven't spent nearly as much time as I would
        > like
        > > following double stars. As a result, I'm not sure of the best way
        > > use AutoStar to that end. I was hoping to see a menu item for
        double
        > > stars, but I alas it wasn't there.....or maybe I just missed it.
        >
        > It's a scroll down from Stars > Named
        > There's
        > Star > Named
        > Star > SAO Catalog
        > Star > With Planets
        > Star > Double <---bingo!
        > Star > Variable
        > Star > Nearby
        >
        > > I would have liked to have seen a 'tour like' option for double
        > > stars. I noticed that there were individual category selections
        for
        > > nearly everything else, including galaxies, nebulas, star
        clusters
        > > and so on, but no double stars.
        >
        > There's (at least) one called "Doubles Club"
        > (i don't have a link to it right now.. i'll be it's at Mike's site)
        >
        > have fun
        > --dick

        Great! This option combined with the listing from Mike's web site
        will work great.

        Thanks!

        Lee Dawson