ETX-90/EC and TeleVue Powermate 2.5x

  • Pierre.Henrotay@skynet.be
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      I am tempted by replacing my Meade #126 2x Barlow by a Powermate 2.5x
      from Televue.
      I am familiar with TeleVue and expect a high quality product but 2
      questions remain open:
      - will the Powermate fit OK or will it hit the mirror ?
      - will the eyepiece (I am thinking of Meade SP 26mm, Televue 19mm Pan
      or Meade 13.8 SWA) focus correctly ?
      Any experience welcome. I've seen favorable results on Mike'site for
      a Powermate 5x already.
      Pierre
    • whayeslip@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        In a review of barlows in a July 1997 Sky & Telescope article, the
        measured power of the Meade #126 barlow was only 1.76x. Most of the
        others reviewed (includeing 3 Tele Vues) were close or a little below its
        suggested power but the Powermate 2.5x must be fairly new as they weren't
        mentioned. Just thought I'd mention it.
        Bill

        On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 16:54:16 -0000 Pierre.Henrotay@... writes:
        > I am tempted by replacing my Meade #126 2x Barlow by a Powermate 2.5x
        >
        > from Televue.
        > I am familiar with TeleVue and expect a high quality product but 2
        > questions remain open:
        > - will the Powermate fit OK or will it hit the mirror ?
        > - will the eyepiece (I am thinking of Meade SP 26mm, Televue 19mm
        > Pan
        > or Meade 13.8 SWA) focus correctly ?
        > Any experience welcome. I've seen favorable results on Mike'site for
        >
        > a Powermate 5x already.
        > Pierre

      • Ells Dutton
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
          I've used the TV 2.5x on a ETX125 with 6.4mm SP to 40mm Plossl eyepieces with
          no problems focusing as far as hitting stops or mirrors, except the 6.4mm is
          pushing the system a bit for other reasons.

          Ells