ETX-70A baterry cover compatibility

  • andre_moutinho
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
      Hi,

      I have bought an used ETX-70AT with a missing battery cover. I have found some for the ETX80. Is this missing part compatible with the ETX80 and ETX90 newer version?

      Best
      Andre
    • autostaretx
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
        > I have bought an used ETX-70AT with a missing battery cover.
        > I have found some for the ETX80. Is this missing part compatible
        > with the ETX80 and ETX90 newer version?

        That probably depends upon the vintage...
        I have an old (roughly 2001) ETX-70, and the battery cover is on the top of the rotating base. It's a small cover, expecting to hold a 9v battery (or 6 AA cell holder). It would match a same-vintage ETX-80.

        My ancient (1999) ETX-90 has a much different cover that goes on the bottom of the non-rotating base.

        You could see if the new model of ETX-90's manual can be downloaded from Meade's site, and compare the pictures to see if they're similar to yours.

        good luck
        --dick
      • pinyachta
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2013

          The earlist ETX-70s used the same base as the ETX-90 and longer forks. The battery covers were the same. Later ETX-60, 70 & 80s used the same mount, which had the power panel on the fork not the base. I don't think the ETX-80 ever shared the ETX-90's mount.

          I have early ETX-70 battery covers available.

          George