Re: [ETXASTRO] new ETX-125 owner and CCD question, Autoguider question.

  • lxd55_8sc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
      Welcome to the ETX Universe!

      You will find many astrophotography tips as well as a lot of other ETX information on my ETX Site:

      http://www.weasner.com/etx

      On Jul 23, 2013, at 06:04, mth_75 <mth75@...> wrote:

      > Tomorrow my brand new ETX-125 will be delivered (in the Netherlands). Although this line of telescopes is discontinued i wanted a portable telescope beside my 10" RCX400, which is top heavy ...

      Mike Weasner Email: etx@... / Twitter: @mweasner
      LX200-ACF-8" ETX-125AT ETX-105PE ETX-90RA ETX-70AT PST GPOD-XL5
      | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
      | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
      | -- according to ETX users worldwide |
    • mstew57
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "mth_75" <mth75@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Tomorrow my brand new ETX-125 will be delivered (in the Netherlands). Although this line of telescopes is discontinued i wanted a portable telescope beside my 10" RCX400, which is top heavy ...
        I modified a 9x50 finder into a guide scope. The 497HC will accept guide commands from PHD guiding. I use a Meade DSI for the guide camera. I use a mallincam instead of a dedicated ccd camera but the principle is the same. I put the camera in the eyepiece tube. The camera blocks too much of the sky when hanging out of the back port. My ETX is an ETX80 so you should get much better results than me as you scope is better quality.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_iv2EF7DkA

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA7LnunYEjw

        Mark

        > After a week of thinking I decided that the best would probably the ETX-125 (quality of the optics compared to small copes from the competion).
        >
        > I'm relative new in the CCD imaging field, I know that the ETX isn't the best scope but for my learning purposes, quick setup and more telescope time then with my RCX400 ... i'm excited.
        >
        > I have to questions though:
        >
        > 1. does anyone use a CCD imager, when yes, how?
        > 2. does anyone made mods to use a auto guider.
        > 3. how does the ETX behave when controlled with TheSkyX (PRO).
        >
        > Regards and thx in advance,
        >
        > Marc

      • mth_75
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2013