Re: [ETXASTRO] Re: Bad Autostar?

  • Michael Weasner
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
      I had a similar experience with the ETX EC handcontroller on my LXD75. You can read about it here:

      On Feb 5, 2013, at 19:07, Brian Straight <briansxx@...> wrote:

       I was trying to use the 125 hand controller (not the autostar) to drive the LXD-55 as a standby.
    • Brian Straight
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
        Warp,

        Cable eliminated as a problem. I managed to reset the autostar yesterday and this seems to have fixed things. I'll know more when I try it out today.

        Thanks and Best,

        Brian

        Sent from my iPad
      • Brian Straight
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
          Success!  After a couple of false starts, I got the LXD-55 working again.  I calibrated and trained the scope and the GOTOs seem to be working relatively well (I was testing in daylight).  I had no rapid or uncontrolled slews after the reset and specifying LXD 55 as the scope.  I hope this continues to be the case.  Thanks, guys, for all you help.

          All the Best,
          Brian

          Brian Straight, Ph.D.
          Walnut Ridge Observatory