Re: [ETXASTRO] NEwbie Off Topic?? Binoculars

  • Chris Harvey
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hi Peter, I've got the super cheap Bresser 10x50's which maybe cost £25? And I love them! The important thing is my tripod mount, going hands-free really makes binoculars a great viewing tool, the craters on the Moon for example are not really visible if you are holding the bins in your hands; but when steady on a tripod they are perfectly visible. I'm down in South Devon btw.
      Chris

      On 28/02/2011 21:57, s6ea45 wrote:

      Hi

      I know this is a "Meade" Telescope site. But can anyone recommend a good pair of 7x50 or 10x50 reasonably priced Binoculars. I don't seem to be getting very far, with my quest for a good pair at the £100/$150 mark. There seems to be a lot of knowledge here, I wonder if anyone can help with this,

      Thanks in advance
      Peter Short in UK

    • Peter Short
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
        Hi Chris, I have seen several comments about the Bresser 10x50 on various Blogs that say they are good. They had them on Sale at Lidl's at one time. I alreay have a Tripod, just need an adapter, which arent expensive, Thanks for your input.

        I am in Crediton!!

        Thanks again

        Peter Short