New ETX125PE finder and LNT module coming

  • joelalumia@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 1:58 PM
      Well the red dot finder stalk is cracked and I cannot align the red dot-- so I ordered a new LNT-Finder and bracket from Meade for $69--

      Here is the question and a picture- How do you separate the LNT wires using the two plugins underneath the plastic cover?

      Seems like a LOT of force is needed when I tryed to pull them apart! I will need to do this when the replacement LNT-finder arrives. See this:

      http://www.weasner.com/etx/techtips/2006/removal-ota-lnt.html the WHITE connector I am talking about is shown on the 2nd picture down from the top of the page.

      Advice needed for separating this connection and replacing with the new LNT-finder coming to me from Meade.
    • pinyachta
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 8:15 AM
        As I recall this is just a friction coupling. Do not pull on the conductors. Get a couple of needle nose pliers and wiggle the halves.

        Some connectors have dibolical Chinese puzzle locking systems. I helped my foster son swap engines on a Ford Focus. Just as we thought we'd figured how to separate them they throw somehing new at us. Usually where you couldn't see or even reach the damn thing. I concluded modern autos are only designed to be assembled, never disassembled!
        HTH, Geo.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7 10:31 AM
          Thank you. I tried seperating it by hand and it seemed VERY tight. I will try the pliers as you suggested.

          Clear Skies-- Joe

          Message 4 of 4 , May 12 4:09 PM
            Using a pair of needle nose pliers I was able to separate the LNT cable connection, and installed the new ETX125 finder-lnt module and new bracket. Everything is working just fine now.

            Thank you

            Joe Lalumia