EXT125EC stripped gears

  • victor_zemble
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
      Any suggestions to get my horizontal worm gear assembly repaired? Based on this forum and others, its the same issue most owners see with the plastic assembly breaking...

      Victor
    • Mr ETX
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        If you want to try it yourself, there are several articles on gear repair on the Helpful Information: Telescope Tech Tips page on my ETX Site.

        If you want someone else to repair it, check out Dr. Clay Sherrod's Supercharge Tuneup Service. The link is on the ETX Site home page.

        On Jan 12, 2010, at 20:09, victor_zemble wrote:

        > Any suggestions to get my horizontal worm gear assembly repaired? Based on this forum and others, its the same issue most owners see with the plastic assembly breaking...

        Mike Weasner Email: etx@... / Twitter: mweasner
        LX200-ACF-8" ETX-LS-ACF-6" ETX-125 ETX-105 ETX-90 ETX-70 PST GPOD-XL5
        | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
        | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
        | -- according to ETX users worldwide |
      • pinyachta
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2010
          I have one used gearbox worm assembly left. I can install it for you. Contact me off list if interested.

          Prowling through the parts drawers at my hobby shop I found some very nice ball bearings designed for those $600 RC cars. Seems with a little ingenuity one could be mounted to replace that piss poor worm shaft retainer. May as well use a cable tie to keep the gear in mesh.

          I've been repairing a 2045D, not a bit of plastic in site.
          George.