Autostar Dispay Problems

  • growler3
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      I purchased a "new" 495 on ebay. The problem is that the keys light up but the alpha-numerical display does not work; it either lights completely or is completely dark. Regardless, you cannot read the display. I updated the software successfully but the display remains unreadable.

      Can anyone help.

      Bob Harris
    • Mr ETX
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        If changing the contrast and brightness doesn't help and you decide to
        replace it, see the article "LCD Replacement" on the Helpful
        Information: AutoStar Info page on my ETX Site.

        On Sep 1, 2009, at 10:24, growler3 wrote:

        > I purchased a "new" 495 on ebay. The problem is that the keys light
        > up but the alpha-numerical display does not work; it either lights
        > completely or is completely dark. Regardless, you cannot read the
        > display. I updated the software successfully but the display remains
        > unreadable.

        Mike Weasner Email: etx@... / Twitter: mweasner
        LX200-ACF-8" ETX-LS-ACF-6" ETX-125 ETX-105 ETX-90 ETX-70 PST GPOD-XL5
        | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
        | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
        | -- according to ETX users worldwide |
      • Bob Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          Thanks for the info. I can't access the brightness or contrast because I
          can't read the display. I just have to return it to the seller.

          bh