How to connect ETX105 and 3.3 FR

  • ivaylo.stoynov
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2009

      Hello,

      I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer, but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two

      - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?

      http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2

      - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring? The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.

      The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I bought it.

      Thank you in advance for the help!

      Regards,
      Ivo

    • Gregg
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
        I spent an hour with Google compiling a list of links for those parts, and Yahoo Groups ate it, of course; so it is gone, sorry.

        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer,
        > but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two
        >
        > - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?
        >
        > http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2
        > <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2>
        >
        > - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring?
        > The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.
        >
        > The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera
        > body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has
        > a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread
        > is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I
        > bought it.
        >
        > Thank you in advance for the help!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ivo

      • autostaretx
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
          --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg" <starryskyn@...> wrote:

          > I spent an hour with Google compiling a list of links for those
          > parts, and Yahoo Groups ate it, of course; so it is gone, sorry.

          If you were being challenged for your password, you can use
          the "back" button on your browser to bring the filled-in screen
          back into view.
          *Then* use either ctrl-A or shift-click to highlight it all,
          and then ctrl-C (or Edit/Copy from the menu) to capture it to
          your clipboard, for later pasting into a new "Reply" screen.

          Or (what i do with Firefox): answer the password, then use the
          "history" features (such as the little drop-arrow next to the
          back/forward arrows) to get -directly- back to the "Reply" screen.
          *Then* use the "Preview" button instead of the "Send" button.
          That properly accepts and shows your input, and -then- you can
          click "Send" to get it posted.

          have (more) fun (next time)
          --dick

          > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer,
          > > but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two
          > >
          > > - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?
          > >
          > > http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2
          > > <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2>
          > >
          > > - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring?
          > > The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.
          > >
          > > The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera
          > > body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has
          > > a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread
          > > is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I
          > > bought it.
          > >
          > > Thank you in advance for the help!
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Ivo

        • Gregg
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2009
            Have done the back button, and there is no "filled in" screen text to save by any method. It is back to start of "Reply". Using IE7.0.6001.18000.

            --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:

            > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg" <starryskyn@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I spent an hour with Google compiling a list of links for those
            > > parts, and Yahoo Groups ate it, of course; so it is gone, sorry.
            >
            > If you were being challenged for your password, you can use
            > the "back" button on your browser to bring the filled-in screen
            > back into view.
            > *Then* use either ctrl-A or shift-click to highlight it all,
            > and then ctrl-C (or Edit/Copy from the menu) to capture it to
            > your clipboard, for later pasting into a new "Reply" screen.
            >
            > Or (what i do with Firefox): answer the password, then use the
            > "history" features (such as the little drop-arrow next to the
            > back/forward arrows) to get -directly- back to the "Reply" screen.
            > *Then* use the "Preview" button instead of the "Send" button.
            > That properly accepts and shows your input, and -then- you can
            > click "Send" to get it posted.
            >
            > have (more) fun (next time)
            > --dick
            >

            > > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer,
            > > > but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two
            > > >
            > > > - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2
            > > > <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2>
            > > >
            > > > - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring?
            > > > The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.
            > > >
            > > > The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera
            > > > body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has
            > > > a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread
            > > > is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I
            > > > bought it.
            > > >
            > > > Thank you in advance for the help!
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > > Ivo

          • autostaretx
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2009
              --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg" <starryskyn@...> wrote:

              > Have done the back button, and there is no "filled in" screen text
              > to save by any method. It is back to start of "Reply". Using
              > IE7.0.6001.18000.

              Oddly enough, my first attempt at replying to this note had a
              problem, too. Yahoo didn't return with the "your reply has been
              posted screen".
              But i use Firefox ( www.mozilla.com ), so i was able to retrieve
              the filled-in form by clicking my BACK arrow, and then clicking
              Preview to have Yahoo accept the data.
              Then i opened a -new- tab, and started a new reply, to describe
              that situation... and that's what you're reading here.
              (i could still send the back-then-Preview text, but this note
              contains the "i use Firefox" information)

              good luck
              --dick

              > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg" <starryskyn@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I spent an hour with Google compiling a list of links for those
              > > > parts, and Yahoo Groups ate it, of course; so it is gone, sorry.
              > >
              > > If you were being challenged for your password, you can use
              > > the "back" button on your browser to bring the filled-in screen
              > > back into view.
              > > *Then* use either ctrl-A or shift-click to highlight it all,
              > > and then ctrl-C (or Edit/Copy from the menu) to capture it to
              > > your clipboard, for later pasting into a new "Reply" screen.
              > >
              > > Or (what i do with Firefox): answer the password, then use the
              > > "history" features (such as the little drop-arrow next to the
              > > back/forward arrows) to get -directly- back to the "Reply" screen.
              > > *Then* use the "Preview" button instead of the "Send" button.
              > > That properly accepts and shows your input, and -then- you can
              > > click "Send" to get it posted.
              > >
              > > have (more) fun (next time)
              > > --dick

            • George Cushing
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5, 2009
                Yes you will need the Meade 07036. Celestron also sold these for the C90. They called it a Large Accessory Adapter (LAR). Appogee used to bring one in from Japan. The Optcorp price is pretty reasonable considering I saw a used LAR go recently for over $40.

                OK, the LAR gets the 3.3 on to the rear of the EXT-90, 105 or 125. To attach the camera to the 3.3 you have some options:

                Assuming you have the camera bayonet to female t-ring adapter, you can use a male T to 1.25" barrel adapter on the camera and a 1.25" SCT eyepiece holder on the back of the 3.3. This may cause some vigetting, but if you have the adapters it will save you some money.

                Another option to avoid vigetting is the camera bayonet to female t-ring adapter to Scopestuff's SCT Female to T-thread Male Very Low Profile Adapter to the 3.3.

                Or you can duplicate the Meade setup with Scope Stuff's Short SCT Female collar ring to T-adapter and a 2" long female T to male T extension tube. I have an old set of Spiratone T threaded extension tubes I can use to vary the reductiuon factor.

                Meade intends you give you several different reduction values with the same optics. With the SLR as far from the 3.3 as possible with their kit you actually get a f1.9 reducer.
                Hope this helps.
                Geo.

                2" Female Barrel to Female Schmidt Thread Adapter
                True 2" Barrel to Canon EOS Adapter, Full Aperture, with 2" Filter Threads
                SCT Female to T-thread Male Very Low Profile Adapter
                2" Low Profile T-adapter for Direct Photography
                SCT female collar ring T-adapter for Direct Photography, Long
                SCT collar ring T-adapter for Direct Photography, Short (collar ring type)

                --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer,
                > but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two
                >
                > - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?
                >
                > http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2
                > <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2>
                >
                > - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring?
                > The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.
                >
                > The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera
                > body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has
                > a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread
                > is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I
                > bought it.
                >
                > Thank you in advance for the help!
                >
                > Regards,
                > Ivo

              • ivaylo.stoynov
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
                  Thank you very much Geo!

                  I'll buy one ETX to SCT and one low profile SCT to T. I already have the Meade #64 adapter so I'll have small extension tube because it contains one T to T part.

                  Best regards,
                  Ivo

                  --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "George Cushing" <pinyachta@...> wrote:

                  > Yes you will need the Meade 07036. Celestron also sold these for the C90. They called it a Large Accessory Adapter (LAR). Appogee used to bring one in from Japan. The Optcorp price is pretty reasonable considering I saw a used LAR go recently for over $40.
                  >
                  > OK, the LAR gets the 3.3 on to the rear of the EXT-90, 105 or 125. To attach the camera to the 3.3 you have some options:
                  >
                  > Assuming you have the camera bayonet to female t-ring adapter, you can use a male T to 1.25" barrel adapter on the camera and a 1.25" SCT eyepiece holder on the back of the 3.3. This may cause some vigetting, but if you have the adapters it will save you some money.
                  >
                  > Another option to avoid vigetting is the camera bayonet to female t-ring adapter to Scopestuff's SCT Female to T-thread Male Very Low Profile Adapter to the 3.3.
                  >
                  > Or you can duplicate the Meade setup with Scope Stuff's Short SCT Female collar ring to T-adapter and a 2" long female T to male T extension tube. I have an old set of Spiratone T threaded extension tubes I can use to vary the reductiuon factor.
                  >
                  > Meade intends you give you several different reduction values with the same optics. With the SLR as far from the 3.3 as possible with their kit you actually get a f1.9 reducer.
                  > Hope this helps.
                  > Geo.
                  >
                  > 2" Female Barrel to Female Schmidt Thread Adapter
                  > True 2" Barrel to Canon EOS Adapter, Full Aperture, with 2" Filter Threads
                  > SCT Female to T-thread Male Very Low Profile Adapter
                  > 2" Low Profile T-adapter for Direct Photography
                  > SCT female collar ring T-adapter for Direct Photography, Long
                  > SCT collar ring T-adapter for Direct Photography, Short (collar ring type)
                  >

                  > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "ivaylo.stoynov" <ccc@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > I have ETX 105PE. Recently managed to buy a Meade's 3.3 Focal reducer,
                  > > but without the variable T-Adapter. So my questions are two
                  > >
                  > > - to connect the FR to the scope I need this, right?
                  > >
                  > > http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2
                  > > <http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7880&kw=etx&st=2>
                  > >
                  > > - what I need to connect the FR from the other site to my EOS T-Ring?
                  > > The FR thread is bigger than ther T-Ring's one.
                  > >
                  > > The T-Ring is described as "A T-Ring couples your SLR or DSLR camera
                  > > body to a T-Adapter or other camera mount. Each camera manufacturer has
                  > > a different mount, which requires a specific T-Ring. The internal thread
                  > > is known as "T" or "T2" and is 42mm .75" pitch." in the site where I
                  > > bought it.
                  > >
                  > > Thank you in advance for the help!
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Ivo

                • ivaylo.stoynov
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
                    Thank you Gregg for the efforts and sorry that Yahoo wasted them :(

                    Best regards,
                    Ivo