Re: tripod and maybe wedge needed

  • norman_lloyd
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "George Cushing" <pinyachta@...> wrote:

      > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, Norman Lloyd <norman_lloyd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ... just in case anyone has one, I am still looking for a good used
      > 884 deluxe field tripod, and maybe if someone has one, a wedge that can
      > be used with the ETX or an earlier 2045. Please let me know offline if
      > you have one you can part with! Thanks
      > > norman lloyd
      > >
      > Any standand Meade wedge can be used with the 2045. The tilt plate has
      > a second set of 1/4" holes for it. Pretty easy to cut and drill a plate
      > to adapt the wedge to the ETX or use the Meade #889 tripod adapter,
      > which is actually a wedge adapter. I can provide any of this stuff.
      > George

      ***GEORGE***
      I misplaced your email...
      would you please email me back - I need the wedge after all!
      clear skies
      norman lloyd
    • growler3
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
        A #884 tripod is available on ebay right now:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/MEADE-ETX-884-DELUXE-FIELD-TELESCOPE-TRIPOD-
        new_W0QQitemZ200261196249QQihZ010QQcategoryZ30094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd
        Z1QQcmdZViewItem

        Bob Harris