I am a newby

  • fredbland82
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi all... my name is Frederick and I live in the UK. I am 84 but still
      very active. I have a Mead ETX125PE and a DSI1 camera. I am a very raw
      learner but very willing to learn. I have recently purchased the good
      book "The new CCD astronomy". I am a little puzzled though because I
      cannot work out what CCD camera the book refers to no what cameras the
      forum deal with.... am I alone in having a DSI ?
      I do have a question though....using the 125 PE and the camera fitted
      in the alternative position there is a restriction in the Polar mode as
      to how high one can go. I know that it would be possible to place the
      camera in the eypiece slot and I am wondering if this is the normal
      psactice.
      Help and advice would be most welcome

      Many thanks and take care all.... Frederick
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        You are not at all alone. There is a yahoo Meade_DSI group here with
        almost 4k members. I am a particiapnt and there is a LOT of
        information there.

        Cheers,
        John

        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "fredbland82"
        <frederick_littler@...> wrote:

        > Hi all... my name is Frederick and I live in the UK. I am 84 but
        still
        > very active. I have a Mead ETX125PE and a DSI1 camera. I am a very
        raw
        > learner but very willing to learn. I have recently purchased the
        good
        > book "The new CCD astronomy". I am a little puzzled though because
        > cannot work out what CCD camera the book refers to no what cameras
        the
        > forum deal with.... am I alone in having a DSI ?
        > I do have a question though....using the 125 PE and the camera
        fitted
        > in the alternative position there is a restriction in the Polar
        mode as
        > to how high one can go. I know that it would be possible to place
        the
        > camera in the eypiece slot and I am wondering if this is the normal
        > psactice.
        > Help and advice would be most welcome
        >
        > Many thanks and take care all.... Frederick

      • Mike Weasner
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          There is also a DSI area on the Helpful Information: Astrophotography
          page on my ETX Site (www.weasner.com/etx).

          On Mar 1, 2008, at 05:32, John wrote:

          > You are not at all alone. There is a yahoo Meade_DSI group here with
          > almost 4k members. I am a particiapnt and there is a LOT of
          > information there.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > John
          >
          > --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "fredbland82"
          > <frederick_littler@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi all... my name is Frederick and I live in the UK. I am 84 but
          > still
          >> very active. I have a Mead ETX125PE and a DSI1 camera. I am a very
          > raw
          >> learner but very willing to learn. I have recently purchased the
          > good
          >> book "The new CCD astronomy". I am a little puzzled though because
          >> cannot work out what CCD camera the book refers to no what cameras
          > the
          >> forum deal with.... am I alone in having a DSI ?
          >> I do have a question though....using the 125 PE and the camera
          > fitted
          >> in the alternative position there is a restriction in the Polar
          > mode as
          >> to how high one can go. I know that it would be possible to place
          > the
          >> camera in the eypiece slot and I am wondering if this is the normal
          >> psactice.
          >> Help and advice would be most welcome
          >>
          >> Many thanks and take care all.... Frederick

          Mike Weasner
          Email: mweasner@... iChatAV / AIM: mweasner@...
          | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
          | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
          | -- according to ETX users worldwide |