Digital Camera mount

  • Mike Feuillets
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
      A while ago Meade used to sell a generic camera mount for the ETX. This mount somehow fastened to the eyepiece mount and simply held the camera to this adaptor with elastics and apparently took photos though the eyepiece. It allowed you to use your personal digital camera to take photos. Anyone seen one of these, know were to get them or have the plans to build one ?
    • wsuriano2002
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
        --- In ETXASTRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Feuillets" <mikefeuillets@...>
        wrote:

        > A while ago Meade used to sell a generic camera mount for the ETX.
        This mount somehow fastened to the eyepiece mount and simply held the
        camera to this adaptor with elastics and apparently took photos though
        the eyepiece. It allowed you to use your personal digital camera to
        take photos. Anyone seen one of these, know were to get them or have
        the plans to build one ?

        Check out the following and navigate to digital camera mounts.
        http://www.scopetronix.com/
      • Rod Mollise
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
          These things didn't work too well. Look, instead for a camera adaptor that screws onto the filter threads of your (non-removable-lens) digicam. Orion sold them at one time. Scopetronix was known for 'em but went bellyup recently. ;-)

          Peace,
          Rod Mollise
          Author of:
          Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
          and
          The Urban Astronomer's Guide
          <http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland>

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
            Several different types are reviewed on the Accessory Reviews:
            Astrophotography page on my ETX Site. You might also want to check
            out the Helpful Information: Astrophotography page; lots of tips there.

            Mike Weasner
            Email: mweasner@... iChatAV / AIM: mweasner@...
            | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
            | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
            | -- according to ETX users worldwide |
          • Cafarella, Edward M.
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
              [ETXASTRO] Re: Digital Camera mount
              I thought Scopetronix was out of business and not taking orders?

              > A while ago Meade used to sell a generic camera mount for the ETX.
              This mount somehow fastened to the eyepiece mount and simply held the
              camera to this adaptor with elastics and apparently took photos though
              the eyepiece.  It allowed you to use your personal digital camera to
              take photos.  Anyone seen one of these, know were to get them or have
              the plans to build one ?

              Check out the following and navigate to digital camera mounts.
              http://www.scopetronix.com/

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:ETXASTRO-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:ETXASTRO-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Mike Weasner
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                Their web site is still online and according to the last reports I've
                received, some people are receiving orders, although usually delayed,
                sometimes significantly. Unfortunately, it is tough to recommend
                them right now whereas in the past they were a topnotch supplier of
                great accessories.

                On Mar 7, 2007, at 17:26, Cafarella, Edward M. wrote:

                > I thought Scopetronix was out of business and not taking orders?

                Mike Weasner
                Email: mweasner@... iChatAV / AIM: mweasner@...
                | http://www.weasner.com/etx |
                | Since 1996 - "Best Meade ETX Telescope Web Site" |
                | -- according to ETX users worldwide |
              • Allen Jensen
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                  I noticed that Astronomics has several different types of adapters -
                  www.astronomics.com
                  I did not look closely, but the first few look to work only with a 2"
                  focuser.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                    Mike,

                    This one from Vixen might work OK - again - found this on Astronomics
                    web site:

                    http://www.astronomics.com/main/documents/vixen%20dg-lv%20camera%20adapter%20instructions%20da3903.pdf

                    Allen

                    Mike Feuillets wrote:

                    > A while ago Meade used to sell a generic camera mount for the ETX.
                    > This mount somehow fastened to the eyepiece mount and simply held the
                    > camera to this adaptor with elastics and apparently took photos though
                    > the eyepiece. It allowed you to use your personal digital camera to
                    > take photos. Anyone seen one of these, know were to get them or have
                    > the plans to build one ?

                  • Mike feuillets
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 9, 2007
                      Thanks all for the tips and links. I found exactly what I was looking for !
                      I look forward to taking some pic and posting my prides :)

                      Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
                      http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline