13504RE: [ETXASTRO] Stuck lense cap

  • dtalbot.rm
    Apr 22, 2014
      Thanks, Rod and Mike, a few things to try and I guess the drill holes and and fit a big lever is bound to work if it can get a good enough grip on the corrector assembly! Simpler things first though! I can probably get the front assembly into the freezer, and from what the chap it came from said he has taken it off at least once to try and fix it so I guess any harm to the collimation that could cause has already been done.
      Oh and maybe what puts an end to this project as I guess Meade don't sell spares to mere mortals like me but the plastic carrier for the flip mirror is broken so I'll need to sort that as well. But assuming I can sort it a nice cheap 125. Still gives me something to do while its cloudy (most of the time in England in the summer!)
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic