13503Re: [ETXASTRO] Stuck lense cap

  • Michael Weasner
    Apr 22 10:23 AM
      The ETX FAQ page on my ETX Site has this tip:

      http://www.weasner.com/etx/faq.html#covers

      Mike Weasner
      Cassiopeia Observatory
      Twitter: @mweasner

      On Apr 22, 2014, at 9:42, dtalbot@... wrote:

      Hi All,
      I've just bought an ETX 125 mount for a couple of projects I am planning but the mount came complete with an OTA with a well and truly seized lens cap. A result of doing it up tight then dropping the scope! I've had a good look through the back and it seems the corrector survived that mishap so its become another project to free the lens cap and resurrect what could be a great little scope.
      So far I've tried filter wrenches and warming it up with with hair dryer but if I get anything to turn it is the whole corrector assembly unscrewing.
      Any bright ideas as to what to try next or can these things get irretrievably stuck?
      Thanks
      David

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic