13455RE: ETX-90EC motors not working

  • pinyachta
    Oct 13, 2013

      If you were lucky the power panel circuit acted as a fuse. As you guessed getting at it is a PITA involving a major tear down. When you are done you will be qualified to go to Mexico and assemble these things.

      What I would suggest is getting another power panel and after removing the bottom of the base, attach the drive cables to it. If the mount comes alive then it might be worth the effort of attempting a repair. If one or both of the motor control boards or the Autostar are bad it may not be worth it.

      I have a limited supply of parts for pre-LNT (Premier) models. If I can help let me know.

      George

      ---In etxastro@yahoogroups.com, <wd4ohd@...> wrote:

      A couple of days ago, I accidentally connected a 7 amp-hr sealed lead-acid battery with reversed polarity to my EXT-90EC. Since then the motors do not come on (no sound). One would think Meade would have spent a few cents for some protection diodes, but I guess that didn't happen. Does anyone have a schematic of this model's electronics and disassembly info? I'm guessing any problem would have arisen on the circuit board just behind the input and power jacks, but it looks like it might be challenging to get it out for repair. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic