13453ETX-90EC motors not working

  • Bob Olson
    Oct 12 12:41 PM
      A couple of days ago, I accidentally connected a 7 amp-hr sealed lead-acid battery with reversed polarity to my EXT-90EC. Since then the motors do not come on (no sound). One would think Meade would have spent a few cents for some protection diodes, but I guess that didn't happen. Does anyone have a schematic of this model's electronics and disassembly info? I'm guessing any problem would have arisen on the circuit board just behind the input and power jacks, but it looks like it might be challenging to get it out for repair. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic