      Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [ETXASTRO] Entering seconds for custom object autostar 497

      Ahh yea I see .. sorry .. just looking in Stellarium; it looks like the Plaiedes is aprox 5 arc mins square, for context.
      But SEDS says the Plaiedes has: Apparent Dimension: 110.0 (arc min)
      What have I got wrong?

      On 15/08/2013 17:39, Ron wrote:

        I am pretty sure he was saying the Field Of View of the 26mm is 40 odd ArcMinutes.

        That is how I read it.

      Ron

      Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:09 AM

      Erm, are you saying a star takes 40mins to get accross the FoV on an ETX125 with 26mm? That canny be right... more like 4mins, if that ?!
      Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you . .. .
      (I have read the Weasner news, will read again properly later to understand further, you don't miss somet 'till its gone ..  . . .. . )

      Nothing to do with ETX, but check out my Perseids including an animation of the smoke from a fireball dying away over 14mins:
      www.flitemedia.com/photography/night-sky.php
      Cheers,
      Chris

      On 15/08/2013 15:56, Brian Straight wrote:

      ...and with a 40-odd-minute FOV at 26mm, not necessary...

      Brian

      Brian Straight, Ph.D.
      The Walnut Ridge Observatory
      40.389452/-87.044881
      West Point, Indiana

      On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM, BrianS <briansxx@...> wrote:

      OK--I'm sure this is a "dumb" question, but I'll ask it any way. I want to use my 125 to take a look at the new nova in Delphinus. I've created a user object, and I need to enter an RA of 20h:23m,30s, but the seconds only allows for single-digit entry, which seems rather strange. Maybe seconds is more resolution that is needed for the ETX, given the field of view, but any thoughts or help appreciated.

      Thanks and Best,

      Brian

  • Show all 22 messages in this topic