Re: [ETWestburyEngines] Plug Caps

  • Bob Dennis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
      David,
                  Thanks for passing on your brilliant ideal for plug caps, and so simple. I altered your design by drilling a small hole in the side of the female connector. I then soldered the HT wire into it giving a 90 deg plug cap.  With cutting the heat shrink over length I was able to persuade it around the bend. Made up four this afternoon for my Mastiff. I will put a picture on the group photos section.
      Thanks again BobOn 27 Jan 2013, at 23:18, David <whelan_d@...> wrote:

      Bob,

      I've not used the rim fire plugs, I'm using ones made by my father (Whelan models) years ago. These use the same type of grooved electrode connector.
      I've kept it very simple on my sealion - I've used standard bullet connectors. Strip the insulation from the female connector and solder direct to the HT lead. Open up the end of the bullet connector to suit the plug and then fit a 1" long piece of heat shrink tube over the length of the connector
      Regards
      Dave