Kiwi Engine

  • anthrhodes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2012
      Anybody have a scan of the Kiwi build articles?

      A friend has the ME drawings but not the carburetor drawings which were a separate drawing. He would like to see anything on the Kiwi, especially a high-res scan of the articles. He's currently redrawing the material he has in AutoCAD (I think). Maybe he can be convinced to post his drawings when they are completed.

      Anthony
      Berkeley, Calif.
    • kdcamer@295.ca
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
        I don't have a scan, but I'm pretty sure I have the ME issues with the
        Kiwi caburetor. If I remember correctly, these came out after the engine
        build, and the carburetor may have been Westbury's re-design of the
        original carb.

        I'll see what I can find.

        Dave Cameron

      • kdcamer@295.ca
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
          My memory was wrong, the carburetor I had in mind was for the Busy Bee.
          However, I do have ME of 10 November 1960, which has the caburetor for
          Kiwi Mark II. If that is of interest, I can scan the article.

          Dave Cameron

          > I don't have a scan, but I'm pretty sure I have the ME issues with the
          > Kiwi caburetor. If I remember correctly, these came out after the engine
          > build, and the carburetor may have been Westbury's re-design of the
          > original carb.
          >
          > I'll see what I can find.
          >
          > Dave Cameron
          >
          > < Anybody have a scan of the Kiwi build articles?
          >>
          >> A friend has the ME drawings but not the carburetor drawings which were
          >> separate drawing. He would like to see anything on the Kiwi, especially
          >> high-res scan of the articles. He's currently redrawing the material he
          >> has
          >> in AutoCAD (I think). Maybe he can be convinced to post his drawings
          >> when
          >> they are completed.
          >>
          >> Anthony
          >> Berkeley, Calif.

        • Brian Selby
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
            I have complete scans of the ME articles if you want a copy let me have you emsil address. I built my kiwi a few years ago. No real problems and it is a good runner.
            Brian

            ------------------------------
            On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 04:36 BST anthrhodes@... wrote:

            >Anybody have a scan of the Kiwi build articles?
            >
            >A friend has the ME drawings but not the carburetor drawings which were a
            >separate drawing. He would like to see anything on the Kiwi, especially a
            >high-res scan of the articles. He's currently redrawing the material he has
            >in AutoCAD (I think). Maybe he can be convinced to post his drawings when
            >they are completed.
            >
            >Anthony
            >Berkeley, Calif.
          • Dirk Tollenaar
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012

              Hi Brian,

              Would you please send me a copy of the scan too?

              Thanks

              Dirk

              DTollenaar@...

            • anthrhodes@aol.com