Transmission Question

  • anthrhodes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011
      During 1943 (at least) Westbury had an article running in ME on the construction of an I.C. model locomotive with a variable transmission based on two disks at right angles to each other with the face of one driving the periphery of the other. Ever since there have been complaints about slipping due to oiling up among other things. Sometime in the '80s or '90s (I think) somebody designed and built a mechanical variable speed gear transmission as a replacement for the original one. I don't recall the name of the author or the exact date or issue numbers.

      Can somebody provide the references I need so I can look up the article again?

      Thanks.
      Anthony
      Berkeley, Calif.