Re: [ETWestburyEngines] Atom Minor Mark III

  • james wells
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2010
      Hello Brian,

      Atom Mk III.

      I cannot comment from personal experience but there are occasional reports about mistakes in the ETW drawings.

      The differenc in height between transfer and exhaust is likely to be small though. On my present 50cc "Bumble Bee" this is about an eighth of an inch. Try checking the measurements again as on Atom III these are likely to be even smaller.Cast Iron is an excellent material for liners.

      I have had problems machining the inside of Al pistons and am at present experimenting with a composite piston for "Fabricius" as a design study for a composite piston for "BB".
      Best wishes
      James Wells
      Saudi Arabia

        Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2010
          James Wells wrote:

          > I cannot comment from personal experience but there are occasional
          > reports about mistakes in the ETW drawings.

          I am finding the Seagull has quite a few. I re-draw everything with
          CAD before cutting metal.
        • Corey Renner
          Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2010
            I redraw most things before cutting too. Besides catching errors, I
            find that it helps me optimize my machining sequence. It also keeps
            me from having to do math at the machine, since I can dimension the
            part in the way that I will actually cut it.

            cheers,

            On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Charles <charles@...> wrote:
            I re-draw everything with
            > CAD before cutting metal.