New Memeber - Hemingway Kits

  • kirk.burwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hello Chaps!

      You'll know that our company, Hemingway Kits, acquired Working
      Precision Models in late 2007. We stock castings for many of the Great
      Man's IC engines together with some of his ingenious tooling projects.
      You can check what we offer on www.hemingwaykits.com

      I just wanted to make myself known - I'm afraid I've not yet built one
      of these beauties, despite being surrounded by materials!

      Kirk
    • Carl Carlsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hi Kirk,
        Nice to hear from you as a representative of the company. I've watched
        your "changing" website as you added many of the model castings. I
        wish you well. It is refreshing to see so many models available again
        and not "lost forever."

        Certainly not a criticism of you .... but I wish shipping across the
        pond were not so costly!

        Also, I was disappointed to see what appears to be the loss of the
        models of Les Chenery. I notice you offer his "V" Twin, but I'm sorry
        to see the Aeronca, Anzani and other engines disappear. I was hoping
        I'd read of your picking those up as well.

        Also, Alyn Foundry is leaving a huge void for modelers. Any chance that
        you could acquire those ... even if you put them on the back burner for
        a while?

        Nice to hear from you ... thanks for writing.

        Carl

        >From: kirk.burwell
        >Hello Chaps!
        >You'll know that our company, Hemingway Kits,
        >acquired Working Precision Models in late 2007.
        >We stock castings for many of the Great Man's
        >IC engines together with some of his ingenious
        >tooling projects.
        >You can check what we offer on www.hemingwaykits.com
      • Brian Drummond
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2008
          On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:09:43 -0000, you wrote:

          >Hello Chaps!
          >
          >You'll know that our company, Hemingway Kits, acquired Working
          >Precision Models in late 2007. We stock castings for many of the Great
          >Man's IC engines together with some of his ingenious tooling projects.
          >You can check what we offer on www.hemingwaykits.com
          >
          >I just wanted to make myself known - I'm afraid I've not yet built one
          >of these beauties, despite being surrounded by materials!

          Thanks for popping up here...
          at the risk of being slightly off-topic on the ETW list, can I ask you
          if you have any updates on the other side of your engine catalogue?

          I notice the external combustion engines have moved from "available late
          2007" to "available shortly" - including ETW's own Heinrici engine.

          Except for the Ransome&May engine ... hopefully its appearance is a good
          sign.

          - Brian