Road Roller

  • andrewjameslast
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
      My father is starting to make the Westbury Road Roller using the
      drawings from the Model Engineer in 1938.

      Does anybody have experience of using these plans, he has already
      found one mistake.

      Any advice would be welcome, thank-you.

      Colin Last
    • Carl Carlsen
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 2, 2006
        Colin,
        This subject has come up previously on here. Look back in the old
        messages AROUND AUGUST 31ST 2005 .... AND YOU WILL FIND THIS REFERENCE

        Ron Chernich has a great website (down under in Australia). Take a look
        at http://modelenginenews.org/index.html

        From the page that comes up,in the upper left corner, click on:

        under PEOPLE
        click PIONEERS
        click ET Westbury

        Down the page, 2nd item, click on I.C. ENGINE DESIGNS
        from the resulting chart, go down the left column,
        click on IC Road Roller.

        There are the plans ... however, they may be the same as what you have?
        I didn't go through them to the end, you might want to. Someplace else
        on this group was a discussion on corrections? Or, you might contact
        Ron Chenrich and ask him about updates. Somehow, I was "involved" with
        all this a while back, but don't recall the particulars. I would
        suggest looking through the archived messages in our FILES section for
        anything on the IC Road Roller subject.

        I'm sure there are others on here who may chime in.

        Carl