Yahoo worm

  • Carl Carlsen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi Guys,
      I don't know much about it yet, but received 4 of these in the past 2
      days, all from Yahoo Groups. On one group which was mine, I kicked the
      member off, but now I believe he has this worm in his system.

      If anyone gets this, and messages are sent to this group, be sure to
      NOT open them. My Anti-Virus program took care of mine, so I had no
      problem. Be sure yours is up to date.

      Here's the only thing I know about it ...

      "The worm targets addresses with the "yahoo.com" and "yahoogroups.com"
      domains, and arrives as an HTML message containing JavaScript. As soon
      as the recipient views the message, the script automatically runs to
      spread the worm to other users in the Yahoo address book. The message
      will have a From" address of av3@... and a Subject: of "New
      Graphic Site."

      Carl
    • Andrés Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
        Hi Carl:
        You mean only by openning it? Mine was an empty message forwarded from another group, no text, no attachment.
        Andrés

        Carl Carlsen <kd7bfn@...> escribió:
        Hi Guys,
        I don't know much about it yet, but received 4 of these in the past 2
        days, all from Yahoo Groups. On one group which was mine, I kicked the
        member off, but now I believe he has this worm in his system.

        If anyone gets this, and messages are sent to this group, be sure to
        NOT open them. My Anti-Virus program took care of mine, so I had no
        problem. Be sure yours is up to date.

        Here's the only thing I know about it ...

        "The worm targets addresses with the "yahoo.com" and "yahoogroups. com"
        domains, and arrives as an HTML message containing JavaScript. As soon
        as the recipient views the message, the script automatically runs to
        spread the worm to other users in the Yahoo address book. The message
        will have a From" address of av3@... and a Subject: of "New
        Graphic Site."

        Carl

        Correo Yahoo!

      • Andrés Gonzalez

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
            Carl I got caught a week ago from same virus, what I did was a restore in my windows XP, and that seemed to solve the problem, since then I have sent warnings to some groups, and also gone into the group and checked my message at the group page and it seems to be ok,
            I also noticed that a message with the virus in the group listings has black lines where the subject headings should be,
            I check my computer every day with nortons and it does not indicate I have a Virus
            so I am assuming that the restore solved the problem,

            Perhaps you could advise me...........Edmund.................

            Andrés Gonzalez <jerigonzacl@...> wrote:
[...]

          • Carl Carlsen
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
              Andrés

              Yes, if you Google "Yahoo worm" there are several sites.

              doesn't seem to think it is very serious?

              is another site and there are others.

              Carl