Nissan HyperMini stars in "Sleepover" Movie

  • RemyC
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2004
      From:
      http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/sleepover_childress.asp
      (click for photo)

      DVD Release: Nov 23, 2004

      Kallie Flynn Childress
      Interview By Gerri Miller

      Yancy (Kallie Flynn Childress) drives the getaway car for friends Farrah
      (Scout Taylor-Compton), Hannah (Mika Boorem), and Julie (Alexa Vega) in
      Sleepover. (Photo: MGM Pictures)

      She's new to movies, but Kallie Flynn Childress, 16, has been acting since
      she was 4 years old and joined her mother in a play. She got to drive a tiny
      green Nissan electric car in Sleepover and wanted to keep it, even after the
      four girls spent a long night crammed into it.

      From:
      http://www.billwyatt.net/Press/Sleepover%20beacon%20Jun%209%2004.htm

      Because Kallie had her learner's permit, she got to drive the tiny Nissan
      hybrid car used by the girls in the film to whiz around during their
      scavenger hunt.

      "This little electric car was the cutest thing we had ever seen," said
      Kallie. "I want that car so bad! It's this little green plastic-like ball of
      metal meant for two passengers. But of course, all four of us have to cram
      ourselves into it all night. We were sitting on top one another and laughing
      hysterically."

      The lack of room almost caused a potential mishap, as Scout's foot got
      wedged under the brake during a chase scene and Kallie was unable to stop
      the car when "cut!" was called.
      Kallie was screaming at me: "You gotta move!" recalled Scout. "My foot had
      slipped under the brake and I could not budge it. We were heading for
      disaster. That was too exciting!"
      Fortunately, she was able to wriggle her foot free.

      More:
      http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sleepover/about.php