MIT's Soldier Nanotechnologies :: Sep 23, 04

  • RemyC
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      From:
      "MIT Enterprise Forum of CT"
      <list@ mitforumct.org>

      MIT Enterprise Forum announces our next Satellite Broadcast

      The MIT Enterprise Forum is proud to present our next Satellite Broadcast, a
      provocative look at cutting-edge technologies being developed to safeguard
      our troops, featuring two speakers on the front lines of this research.

      Date:
      Thursday, September 23, 2004

      Time:
      6:15 pm - 8:30 pm (6:15pm-7:00pm networking session and hors d'oeuvres;
      7:00pm-8:30pm program)

      Title:
      "TECHNOLOGY AND THE FUTURE WARRIOR: PROTECTING SOLDIERS IN THE 21st CENTURY"

      Venue:
      University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT (directions below)

      Register online at
      http://www.mitforumct.org/calendar.htm

      Featuring:
      Professor Ned Thomas, Director of MIT's Institute of Soldier
      Nanotechnologies
      Jean-Louis "Dutch" DeGay of the U.S. Army's Future Force Warrior Technology
      Office
      Steve Altes '84, moderator

      Topic:
      The United States military spends billions of dollars developing aircraft,
      ships and weapons systems, but its most valuable resource is its soldiers.

      Through rapid advances in new and developing technologies like autonomous
      battle suits, ultra far-forward medical care, wearable computers and
      miniaturization, the U.S. Army is looking to increase the protection and
      survivability of the men and women in uniform. Best of all, there is lots
      of government money looking for solutions.

      Directions:
      From I-84 East/West:
      Go to Exit 39 (Route 4 - Farmington). As you come down Exit 39, stay in the
      right lane because you will bear right approximately 1/4 mile down onto Rt.
      4 (East), Farmington Avenue. Go straight approximately 1-1.5 miles. At 3rd
      traffic light, take a right into the University of Connecticut Health Center
      complex. At the intersection with the red blinking light, proceed straight
      through. At the fork, bear left and proceed up the hill. Proceed through
      another stop sign (Guard Station) and parking lots are available on the left
      and right. Enter the Hospital Entrance. Proceed to the escalator on your
      left past the Information Desk. The program will be held in the Keller
      Auditorium which is to the left once you've reached the bottom of the
      escalator.

      From Northbound Route 9
      Take Exit 32 (left exit) onto I-84 West and stay in the right lane. Take
      Exit 39 (first exit). Turn right at first traffic light onto Route 4 East
      (Farmington Avenue). At third traffic light, turn right to enter the Health
      Center campus.

      To Return to Route 9
      Exit the Health Center campus via Munson Road. At the end of Munson Road,
      turn left onto South Road. At next stop sign, turn right and follow signs to
      I-84 East, staying in the right lane to exit onto Route 9 South.