Native Communities Honor the Earth Energy Booklet

  • RemyC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      From:
      Becky Bodonyi
      bbhonorearth@...

      Honor the Earth energy booklet information

      Honor the Earth publishes
      Indigenous Peoples, Power, and Politics:
      A Renewable Future for the Seventh Generation

      Honor the Earth is pleased to send along Honor the Earth's Indigenous
      Peoples, Power, and Politics: A Renewable Future for the Seventh Generation.
      The booklet represents a culmination of many years of work on environmental
      justice issues and our interest in developing a clear and concise education
      campaign to inform our communities about the issues of global climate change
      and alternative energy.

      The booklet is being distributed to tribal governments, tribal colleges,
      labor unions, Congress, and to groups such as Michigan Interfaith Power and
      Light, a collection of 50 churches committed to energy justice and opposing
      global climate change. This group represents one element of a savvy
      consumer base for green power.

      As we broaden our Energy Justice Initiative and seek to connect Native
      communities with the rest of the country, we are excited by the role of
      renewable energy in a sustainable future.

      Honor the Earth supports front line Native environmental work by building an
      informed Native and non-Native constituency able to strategically coalesce
      around specific environmental justice and survival issues. Honor the Earth's
      work is grounded in the premise that the key resources lacking in the Native
      environmental movement are money and political allies.

      Sponsored by two national Native organizations -the Indigenous Women's
      Network and the Indigenous Environmental Network - Honor the Earth
      represents a unified effort in Native America to broaden awareness of Native
      environmental struggles, and generate political and financial support for
      specific initiatives.

      The combined constituency of our sponsoring groups represents more than 200
      grassroots Native communities across North America. Honor the Earth is the
      only national Native initiative working to develop both funding and public
      support for these communities.

      To help us build the movement towards an alternative energy future, please
      visit http://www.lakotamall.com/shops/hte/hte1.asp?pgid=books
      or call 1-800-EARTH-07 to order your copy of
      Indigenous Peoples, Power, and Politics:
      A Renewable Future for the Seventh Generation.

      Books are $5.00 each and bulk rates are available.

      For more information about Honor the Earth, please visit
      http://www.honorearth.org

      Thanks!
      Becky

      Becky Bodonyi, Program Assistant