A Day in Lime Rock :: No EVs, but sun shining bright!

  • RemyC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2004
      A Day in Lime Rock :: No EVs, but sun shining bright!

      Go to:
      http://www.electrifyingtimes.com/limerock.html
      to see the slide show and a short MPG movie file.

      No EVs or HEVs, but track events are co-sponsored, among others, by
      Michelin, Chrysler & Mohegan Sun, so there's potential for the future.

      The Michelin Challenge could easily find its way to Lime Rock. We learned
      the Housatonic High School has an elecric car program.

      Chrysler, who is already sponsoring the Lime Rock pace car this year, could
      also easily donate a few GEMs to replace the dozen or so beaten-up
      gas-powered golfcar rentals serving the track.

      The Mohegan Tribal Environmental Protection Department should insist on
      recycling at all the concession stands, not just the VIP Chalet.

      It was my first trip to Lime Rock. All that Bob Sharp/Paul Newman publicity
      over the years never really budged my interest. But the sudden lure of
      seeing so many Ferraris and Maseratis in one spot made it the perfect
      opportunity.

      Now that I've experienced how beautiful the track is, nestled in this
      picture perfect valley, with mountains and trees all around, I can
      understand what the attraction has been for everyone.

      In passing, our formal media request a few days prior had been
      unceremoniously denied, a real contrast to the easy going, low key
      atmosphere we experienced all afternoon. Maybe the track needs a new media
      rep to reflect the warm and friendly faces of all the people we met
      yesterday.

      "I'm sorry, but I can't grant your request. I'm only allowed to give
      credentials to media members who are on assignment for a news gathering
      organization. You publication does not cover motorsports, which is the basis
      for granting credentials to public events. We grant credentials to media who
      are going to write about or photograph the event. The other basic tenet of
      our credential policy is that I need to get a signed request on letterhead
      stating that you are on assignment and need to be at the event to write or
      take photos for whoever is requesting the credential for you. I do not
      accept e-mail requests. Third, our credential deadline for this event was
      June 25, so your request is 13 days late."
      -Roy Hasty, Public Relations Manager

      Charming dude, nice to meet you to! Chill, OK, hope you feel better soon! :)

      Remy C.
      ET webed

      PS Oh, and for you guys curious about that Stop The Plant road sign, click
      here:
      http://www.stoptheplant.com