Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation - Roderick Wilde

  • Remy Chevalier
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013

      https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/923026_10151606869994313_392122837_n.jpg

      Roderick Wilde

      I came back from Croatia in February to restore one of my electric micro cars, a circa 1960 Electric Shopper, for an exhibit at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. The title of the show is: Fins, Form without Function. It is a yearlong exhibition. My car will be the only electric and only one of two cars presented on a raised platform. Well I figured I would just slap a paint job on it but when we went to replace a rotten piece of plywood in the trunk we discovered major body damage that had been improperly repaired. Now a few months after opening that can of worms and doing a ground up restoration, including powder coating the frame to match the paint color, I am finally leaving for Los Angeles in the morning. My wife has been quite upset with the time this has taken but she is also very understanding to a point. I miss her a great deal and can't wait to head home after I return from this trip.

      In January I founded a nonprofit corporation titled the Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation with the sole purpose of building the world's first International Electric Vehicle Museum. It will most likely to be located here in the northwest. Over a period of eight months I gathered together a group of very talented individuals for the Board of Directors and we will soon have our fed 501c3. We are already committed to doing a joint exhibition with the NHRA later this year to be held at the NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, California. I will let you all know once our web site is up and our Facebook page as well.

      Roderick Wilde, Executive Director
      Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation