Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
  • Back
  • About Group

  • Join Group
added in the last 7 days

Group Description

Mission Statement: The family orchestra serving the family of God!
Scripture Verse: But without faith it is impossible to please God: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb 11:6

FOUNDED: June 12, 1999 by Dr. Grainger Browning, Dr. Jo Ann Browning and Senior Minister Byron Cage of Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Fort Washington, MD 20744.

STATUS: Active under the ministries of Ebenezer A.M.E. Church since June of 1999.

FOCUS: Providing a ministry to allow members who play orchestral instruments to participate in worshipping the Father, Son and Holy Spirit through performing in church.

GEOGRAPHIC AREA: The Tri-State region, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.

FINANCIAL: Approximately 95% of all funds directly support the music program and the scholarship fund. The remainder 5% is for expenses.

ORGANIZATION: Governed and operated by and through the music department and volunteers of the church.

PROGRAMS: The following are programs supported by the Ebenezer Symphony Orchestra:

1. The Annual A.M.E. Conference.
2. Providing Praise and Worship music for early Communion Service. - Ongoing
3. Support the various choirs of Ebenezer A.M.E. Church. – Ongoing
4. Provide horn players for special occasions. – Ongoing
5. Provide a teaching environment for younger players.
6. Have supported other churches for special programs.
7. Funding for a scholarship program.

For additional information, please contact: Ebenezer Symphony Orchestra
7707 Allentown Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744, or call (240) 691-4584. E-mail: ESOMUSIC@carthan.com.

For donations, make check out to Ebenezer AME and memo for ESO Orchestra. To order CD: http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebenezerso

Director: Bro. Chuck Carthan
President: Sis. Janelle Lee
Secretary/Treasurer: Sis. Malika Williams
Librarian: Bro. Harlan Smith
Public Relations: Dr. Evelyn Jenkins
School Liason: Bro. Paul Washington

Group Information

  • 51
  • Other
  • Jul 4, 2003
  • English

Group Settings

  • This is a restricted group.
  • Attachments are permitted.
  • Members cannot hide email address.
  • Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
  • Membership requires approval.
  • Messages are not moderated.
  • All members can post messages.

Message History