Re: [EQStitch] Re: hobby or business? and what machines?

  • Bea Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
      eq stitch just crashed on me after I typed out abcdef with a wingding font and tried to hit the stitch tab
      God Bless
      Bea Lee
      www.beaquilter.com
      http://www.craftsy.com/user/742159/pattern-store

      On 3/2/2013 3:13 PM, ycjm@... wrote:

      That machine also takes a reader/writer card but you need the Brother PEDesign software to write to the card to get it into your machine. I used my Ult machine as a back up machine for years after purchasing a newer model of the Brother Embrodiery machines that has USB contectivity. A USB connection, a multitude of hoop sizes, and a color screen on the machine are all things I recommend for people wanting to purchase a new machine. I love the Brother machines and the top end Janome machines because they are so user friendly. I did find that trading in an older model machine for a new one does not necessarily give you a good return on your original investment. It is better to shop the sales and keep your older machine as a back up. The manufactures often have sale prices their dealers pass along to the customers and if you attend sewing shows you can purchase the demo machines at a reduced price also. Machines are expensive so I suggest people purchase the biggest most modern machine with all the bells and whistles they can possibly afford. Even if they don't use all the features to start with, they can grow into it over the years without having to purchase another machine.

      Yvonne Menear
      EQ7/EQStitch educator
      Author EQStitch companion book
      http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
      http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/

      --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, "kmrchr95" wrote:

      > I have an OLD Brother Ult2003d...it is great but uses floppy disks.mwish you could upgrade the machine.
      >
      > --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, Bea Lee wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I'm new to the group and just got EQ Stitch, BUT I have an OLD brother
      > > machine and PED basic and it won't work together..... thanks for the
      > > help TRYING Yvonne....
      > >
      > > So now I'm drooling over a new embroidery machine
      > >

      > > DreamMaker^(TM) XE VE2200
      > >
      > > BUT it's $$$$. so I want to know what do you make with your embroidery?
      > > do you just do fun stuff for family/ friends etc?
      > > or do you do it as a business? like what?
      > >
      > > I'll keep "dreaming" :-)
      > >
      > > --
      > > God Bless
      > > Bea Lee
      > > www.beaquilter.com
      > > http://www.craftsy.com/user/742159/pattern-store

    • ycjmshawca
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
        Be patient when creating fonts and applying the stitch properties to the fonts. It takes the program a few moments to figure out the font and how to apply the stitches. If you keep clicking, it may crash the program. Remember, just because the font is in your font folder on the computer does not mean it will make a great font to stitch.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
          yes, I just wanted to test it, I tried different "font" wingdings, like flowers, leaves, squiggles and just typed "A" and as soon as I hit the stitch tab it crashed

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2013
            --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, Bea Lee <cropperbea@...> wrote:

            > yes, I just wanted to test it, I tried different "font" wingdings, like
            > flowers, leaves, squiggles and just typed "A" and as soon as I hit the
            > stitch tab it crashed
            >
            > God Bless
            > Bea Lee
            > www.beaquilter.com
            > http://www.craftsy.com/user/742159/pattern-store
            >
            > On 3/3/2013 9:38 AM, ycjm@... wrote:
            > >
            > > Be patient when creating fonts and applying the stitch properties to
            > > the fonts. It takes the program a few moments to figure out the font
            > > and how to apply the stitches. If you keep clicking, it may crash the
            > > program. Remember, just because the font is in your font folder on the
            > > computer does not mean it will make a great font to stitch.
            > >
            > > Yvonne Menear
            > > EQ7/EQStitch educator
            > > Author EQStitch companion book
            > > http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
            > > http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/
            > >
            > > --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com <mailto:EQStitch%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > Bea Lee wrote:
            > > >
            > > > eq stitch just crashed on me after I typed out abcdef with a wingding
            > > > font and tried to hit the stitch tab
            > > >
            > > > God Bless
            > > > Bea Lee
            > > > www.beaquilter.com
            > > > http://www.craftsy.com/user/742159/pattern-store

            > > color
            > > wanting to
            > > and

            > > <mailto:EQStitch%40yahoogroups.com> ,

            > > for the

          • Kay Ahr
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 17 6:08 PM
              I have an ULT2003D with the floppy too! I still have floppies, and each time I have a new computer built I ask for a built-in floppy drive. I do have PED8 and the card reader, but I'm not sure that I've ever used the card in my machine.

              Haven't used the ULT2003D in a while. Must have it serviced and relearn how to use it. EQStitch has inspired me to schedule a maintenance appointment for the sewing embroidery machine.

              Can't wait to see how I might be able to use embroideries in blocks and how I might be able to quilt using the continuous hoop with EQStitch designs.

              Kay Ahr in Indianapolis, Indiana USA