Re: Rosie's Quilt

  • ycjmshawca
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2013
      Look in the PHOTOS folder of this group and in my folder called EQ Moderator Test Sews folder. The quilt is in there named 'Rosie's Quilt'. You will be able to see what she did and then you can use that as a source of inspiration to create a machine embroidery design from there.

      Yvonne Menear
      EQ7/EQStitch educator
      Author EQStitch companion book
      http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
      http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/
      http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8DhKA7yeR8i3bLJDEcMDg/feed?filter=2

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
        The lady who created Rosie's Quilt has seen the designs you have created here using her quilt as the inspiration. She was thrilled to see what you have done! I sent her some screen captures and she will post them to her website also. Way to go everyone!!

        Yvonne Menear
        EQ7/EQStitch educator
        Author EQStitch companion book
        http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
        http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/
        http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8DhKA7yeR8i3bLJDEcMDg/feed?filter=2
      • peggumj
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
          Just curious....I've been to TheQuiltShow.com, but couldn't find Rosie's Quilt. I would love to see this quilt, can you post instructions on how to find it? Thanks. BTW: I hope things are looking better for your friend.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
            Rosie's Quilt is in my PHOTO folder for the Moderator Test Sew files. It states that it is Rosie's quilt under the picture. This is what we used to create our own designs. My friend is very ill. I sit with her every day. This is day 12 that she has been in the hospital. She had a pacemaker placed on Monday and still needs more cardiac surgery later this week. She is 81 so recovery is slow.

            Yvonne Menear
            EQ7/EQStitch educator
            http://www.yvonnemenear.com/

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2013
              Oh, now I feel stupid...I just assumed it was one block and not a whole quilt. I'll be praying for you and your friend.

              --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, ycjm@... wrote:

              > Rosie's Quilt is in my PHOTO folder for the Moderator Test Sew files. It states that it is Rosie's quilt under the picture. This is what we used to create our own designs. My friend is very ill. I sit with her every day. This is day 12 that she has been in the hospital. She had a pacemaker placed on Monday and still needs more cardiac surgery later this week. She is 81 so recovery is slow.
              >
              > Yvonne Menear
              > EQ7/EQStitch educator
              > http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
              > Author EQStitch companion book
              > http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/
              > http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8DhKA7yeR8i3bLJDEcMDg/feed?filter=2
              >

              > --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, "peggumj" <peggumj@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just curious....I've been to TheQuiltShow.com, but couldn't find Rosie's Quilt. I would love to see this quilt, can you post instructions on how to find it? Thanks. BTW: I hope things are looking better for your friend.
              > >

              > > --- In EQStitch@yahoogroups.com, ycjm@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > The lady who created Rosie's Quilt has seen the designs you have created here using her quilt as the inspiration. She was thrilled to see what you have done! I sent her some screen captures and she will post them to her website also. Way to go everyone!!
              > > >
              > > > Yvonne Menear
              > > > EQ7/EQStitch educator
              > > > Author EQStitch companion book
              > > > http://www.yvonnemenear.com/
              > > > http://members.shaw.ca/lmeg/
              > > > http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8DhKA7yeR8i3bLJDEcMDg/feed?filter=2

            • willy t
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 10, 2013
                Yvonne, I think of all us would like to have a neighbor like you ! I am sure your friend appreciates it very much.  Does she have any relatives visiting her as well ?
                If you send me her name and home address I' ll send her a get well card, I suppose you collect her mail. best wishes  Willy

                Rosie's Quilt is in my PHOTO folder for the Moderator Test Sew files. It states that it is Rosie's quilt under the picture. This is what we used to create our own designs. My friend is very ill. I sit with her every day. This is day 12 that she has been in the hospital. She had a pacemaker placed on Monday and still needs more cardiac surgery later this week. She is 81 so recovery is slow.

                Yvonne Menear
                > > EQ7/EQStitch educator

              • ycjmshawca
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 10, 2013
                  You are so nice to think of my sick friend, Ruth. You can send anything for her to my address at Apt.#88 5721 - 213A Street, Langley, BC, Canada V2Y2N2. She has been watching me digitize my stitch files on the computer as I sit at her bedside. I showed her the photos of what the other people have done also. She is so awed at what everyone is doing. Being with her gives me some time to chat with her and encourage her and still get some computer work done myself. I just need to stay awake long enough at night to stitch my designs. I need more inspiration though, so I am counting on everyone in this group to come up with some challenges for us to try.