9 members, 20 messages, 1 photo added in the last 7 days
When applying to join this group please provide a comment that mentions your scope and mount
Currently only Skywatcher/Orion/Avalon mounts with synscan motor controllers are supported. Other mount types may be supported either by mounting a synscan upgrade kit or by building your own mount controller (AstroEQ).
The EQMOD Project is a community dedicated to the development of a free, open source, PC based ASCOM driver that provides a rich set of mount control functions. Communications to the mount are via RS232 and requires either a RS232-TTL converter or connection to a V3.21 (or later) Synscan hand controller operating in 'PC Remote' mode.
The key features/benefits are:
* Direct Control by any ASCOM compliant planetarium or client
* Northern/Southern Hemisphere support
* Gotos/Slew at 0.144 resolution (dependent on Mount type)
* N-Star Alignment model
* Gamepad telescope control.
* GPS Support
* Variable Speed Periodic Error Correction (VS-PEC)
* Spiral Search
* Definable Park/unpark positions
* Sidereal, Lunar, Solar & Custom (DEC and RA) tracking rates.
* Independent RA and DEC Autoguider speeds
* Slew Speed from x0.1 to x800 sidereal rate
* English, French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian & Dutch language support
Other EQMOD Project developments include:
* EQMosaic An ASCOM application for the managment of mosaics.
* EQTour An ASCOM application for Sky Tour planning / navigation.
* EQMODLX LX200 to ASCOM, useful for satellite tracking.
* PERECORDER Automated Periodic Error recording program using webcams
* PECPrep Periodic Error Analysis program.
Click here for Documentation & FAQs.
- Nov 12, 2006
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.