Synta introduced the EQ6-SkyScan (pictured at right, later renamed SynScan) in 2004, adding GOTO, PEC and autoguide functionality to the EQ6 and significantly improving the stepper motors and original drive train components. There is also a SynTrek version of the mount that uses the improved drive motors of the SynScan, but without support for GOTO.
Orion adopted the Synscan in 2005 (naming it the 'Atlas EQ-G Mount with GoTo controller') and the SynTrek in 2006 (naming it the 'Atlas EQ-G Mount with Dual-Axis controller).
Upgrade kits are available for original non-GOTO EQ6 and Atlas mounts.
When applying to join the group, please enter something meaningful about your interest in astronomy and the mount. Not entering this information may delay your admission to the group.
- Nov 25, 2001
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.