Happy To Join You.

  • stillife@xxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 1999
      I am the new, proud 8th (ahhmm) member of this mailing list. I will be glad to see it live and prosper. My name is Shai, and I have been using the ESI-32 from back in 1996, mainly as a sample player at my 4-piece rock band INK, but also on several personal projects that required sampling from scratch.
      I am really familiar with this old fellow, and I know all its Cons and Pros by heart. And although the ESI has many disadvantages, one cannot overlook the ease of use, its high-quality workmanship, the availability of its format, and the fact that its really and truly great sounding.
      I can tell you that I almost had tears in my eyes last week, as my E-mu dealer told me of its current cost. That is about 300$. That's right. Only three years ago it costed many of us an arm and a leg. I remember emptying all my savings for purchasing it. Well, I wonna tell you I also have a Kurzweil K2000 in my rig, and this machine just doesn't get old, and it maintains a reasonable price value for 9 (!) years now.
      Wonna know why?
      The answer lies on its internet community, which is one of the oldest and biggest. I am, myself, a member, and with me there are about 2,000 users from all around the globe, each and every one of them recieves about twenty messages DAILY to its E-mail box. Thanks to this group, Young Chang, the makers of Kurzweil, are under constant pressure to keep innovating (what other instrument on the market gets new operating systems developed nine years after its birth?), to lower costs, to support their clients the best they can. List members help each other with troubleshooting and technical information at the highest grade of professionality. They give each others musical tips. They even saved me a great amount of money by linking me with the cheepest 30-pin SIMM dealer in the world. Now this is what I call POWER. Its time for us, Emu owners, to get started in establishing our own internet community.
      start by writing to me whenever you wish,
      C-U,
      Shai