esi 32 new owner same old questions

  • ehallborg <ehallborg@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi Group!
      I just joined up-because I got an esi32. I already have a eps 16+
      which I love, but was looking for something that could offer more
      sample time + these are going for so durn cheap these days!
      Anyways, Newbie questions as ususal:
      Where is the list of compatible scsi drives and compatible scsi cd-
      roms? How much does it cost to max out the ram (I guess at 32MB) and
      where is the supplier? Do any of the sample discs of the new emu
      proteus units (like mo'phatt) work on an esi 32? I'm asking this
      now, because I haven't even recieved the unit in the mail yet.
      Sorry about what I am sure are repetive questions. I've tried to do
      my research, but I can't find any of this basic info. The emu
      compatiblity charts @ emu.com don't seem to be functioning

      Thanks!

      Ed
    • Neil Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hi,

        > Anyways, Newbie questions as ususal:

        You could start with my ESI FAQ at:
        www.njohnson.co.uk

        > Where is the list of compatible scsi drives and compatible scsi cd-
        > roms?

        Try here:
        http://www.emu.com/products/esi2000/compatibility_drive.html

        > How much does it cost to max out the ram (I guess at 32MB) and
        > where is the supplier?

        Its just standard 30-pin 70ns SIMMs.

        Mike Ripca <lizard1@...> has them for sale---$15 for a pair of 16MB
        SIMMs.

        > Do any of the sample discs of the new emu proteus units (like mo'phatt)
        > work on an esi 32?

        Mmmm....doubt it. They are not EOS-format disks, but EIII-based.

        > I've tried to do my research, but I can't find any of this basic info.
        > The emu compatiblity charts @ emu.com don't seem to be functioning

        I've just tried and they seem to be working now.

        Neil

        --
        Neil Johnson :: Computer Laboratory :: University of Cambridge ::
        http://www.njohnson.co.uk http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~nej22
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003

          Great.  Thanks for all the links!

          Ed

          Message: 2
          Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 21:31:25 +0000 (GMT)
          From: Neil Johnson
          Subject: Re: esi 32 new owner same old questions

          Hi,

          > Anyways, Newbie questions as ususal:

          You could start with my ESI FAQ at:
          www.njohnson.co.uk

          > Where is the list of compatible scsi drives and compatible scsi cd-
          > roms?

          Try here:
          http://www.emu.com/products/esi2000/compatibility_drive.html

          > How much does it cost to max out the ram (I guess at 32MB) and
          > where is the supplier?

          Its just standard 30-pin 70ns SIMMs.

          Mike Ripca has them for sale---$15 for a pair of 16MB
          SIMMs.