Re: Popcorn Fundraiser Topic-Email from Myron about upcoming dates

  • christinademey
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
      --- In EMSFlSciTrip@yahoogroups.com, "christinademey" <christinademey@...> wrote:

      > Please reply to this topic for anything concerning Mr. Brubaker's popcorn fundraising.

      "Hi, folks.

      Just wanted to let you know my wife and I have nailed down one weekend we are available to help the students sell kettle corn. Please put Saturday Oct. 20 on your calendar. We will cook the corn from 9:00 in the morning until 5:00 or as needed. If someone has a great public location or venue, please let us know. Or, if someone wants to put together a flyer, we can distribute it here at school and take orders ahead of time. It would be really nice if we could sell at least two hundred bags at $6.00/bag. That would net us about 1,200.00 minus $300 in rental fees and supplies =
      $900.00.

      Looking forward to working with you all.

      Myron"
    • christinademey
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
        From email sent on 9/30

        Hello, Everyone.

        I had hoped to get a note to all of you before I left school Friday. The
        weekend of October 20 is the only weekend I have free from now until after
        the New Year. I would really like to cook the corn the weekend of Oct.
        20. I know you must all have busy fall schedules as well, so I am open to
        waiting until after Christmas. I was thinking if we did it the weekend
        of the 20th all the families that needed the money before the deadline
        would have the money available. If you can all wait until January or
        February that would suit me fine as well. I really think we could sell a
        large amount of corn it we promote it at the school and take orders before
        we pop it. After watching your children sell cupcakes the last four
        times, I am certain they could sell 20 bags each of the kettle corn. If
        six students sold 50 bags each (300 x 6) they would take about 3-400 out
        in expenses and make about $200.00 each.

        I'm not sure it's worth asking the town of Elkton to tack on another
        kettle corn seller for the fall festival, because I know how territorial
        those folks are. It's looking like we may not be able to sell publicly
        that weekend unless we're just doing it at the school.

        Please reply "Proceed" if you would like me to make up flyers to give to
        the students for taking orders to sell on Oct. 20; or, "Let's wait" if you
        prefer to wait until winter.

        Thank you so much for your patience.

        The students are doing great. They are selling about $75-85.00 worth of
        cupcakes every week. If you want to coordinate among yourselves that
        would be fine. Or I and your children can work on a schedule. I had
        mentioned earlier that persons who make cupcakes should benefit from
        selling them, but this past week an interesting problem arose. We had
        about fifty cupcakes leftover. It doesn' seem fair if someone is baking
        100 or more and others are baking two dozen that one person/family has to
        "eat" the leftovers. I'm wondering if you as parents want to take turns
        baking 50 apiece everyother week. It really seems 160-200 is a good
        amount for the total. Please let me know each week an exact account of
        your contributions. If you are keeping those tallies, please send them
        to me now. Understand, when there are leftovers, the friends of your
        children are often the beneficiaries.

        Please also make sure your child takes all containers out of my room
        before the weekend. This weekend one container was left behind, and there
        have been mice in the building.

        Looking forward to your replies,

        Myron
      • christinademey
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
          The 20th is fine for us. I will call the Fear Forest today and see if we can set up there on the 20th if you want to do it at night. Let me know, I know they see huge crowds and they might be willing. Exxon is not a bad idea either. Both sales departments will be working that Saturday, I have already talked to a few of them and said I would stick a pre-sale sheet up in both departments and then deliver up there that day. Not to mention many of the timeshare units are checking in and out on Saturdays and will be stopping at Exxon. That might be the best spot if they would be willing.

          I wouldnt want to wait til after Christmas because our final payments have to be made by the end of November (as far as I know) so they can book the airfare, hotel, activities, etc. January would be too late.

          Christina Demey