Re: [EMMCA] Stanton-Eastbanc Asks DC Council for an Extra Year on Hine

  • Ivan Frishberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2010
      Re: [EMMCA] Stanton-Eastbanc Asks DC Council for an Extra Year on Hine Just to add a little more detail, this is not a delay relative to what Stanton has said publicly (and to us at the community meeting they had with EMMCA and others) about their timeline.  That timeline has closing of the deal / ground breaking beginning in April 2013.

      The change being requested is in the terms of the land acquisition agreement with the City.  Their current and public timeline would put them 9 months overdue on the two year deadline they had from the City to close the sale.

      My notes from that meeting, including a basic timeline can be found at:  http://ivanforanc6b.com/?p=46

      I happened to talk to Ken Golding this morning about the public meetings that they want to have early in 2011.  They have again asked the ANC via Dave Garrison about hosting a meeting and are waiting for an answer.  These meetings would be in advance of their first submission to the HPRB and while there are still many pieces that are being worked out, but for the community this is the best time to keep reinforcing and raising our concerns and opinions about the plans as there is a greater ability for Stanton to accommodate now rather than later.

      I have followed up with Dave Garrison on dates for a meeting and will certainly report back as soon as there is something to announce.

      Ivan

      On 12/17/10 1:48 PM, "larry janezich" <ljjanezich@...> wrote:

      http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/2010/12/hine-school-developer-needs-extra-year.html <http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/2010/12/hine-school-developer-needs-extra-year.html>

      Ivan Frishberg