sightseeing in New York

  • Matthias de Flintbeke
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
      Greeting,

      i am Matthias and i am from drachenwald. I travel at thursday the 10th march to gulf wars. My Flight goes over Newark Airport and i got around eight hours waiting time for the next fly.

      My flight arrive newark at 12:00 and leave at 20:20.

      Have somebody time to you show my a little bit from new york and to drink something?

      best regards
      Matthias
    • galefridus@optimum.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
        Regrettably, Newark Airport is something of an isolated wasteland -- there's nothing to see or do there.  Shuttles are available into Manhattan for about $30 round trip -- it's a 45 minute ride, more or less.  But 8 hours really isn't enough to show you a good time in NYC.  At best, someone might be able to show you around the Times Square area and stop for a beer at a decent bar.  If that's what you want, contact me privately -- I'll pass the request on to the Ostgardr list, and maybe someone will be able to serve as your guide (I'd do it myself, but I have a meeting at 1400 at work).

        -- Galefridus

      • ma-deisler@versanet.de
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
          Hello,

          30$ ist pretty much. i read something from 10$ with a bus in a travellguide.

          new york didn´t look so far away last time.

          i know that 4 hours are not much, but it is better than 8 hours airport, i
          guess.

          but i am afraid i can´t pay 30$ per trip. :(

          cheers

          Matthias

          galefridus@... hat am 6. März 2011 um 16:55 geschrieben:

        • galefridus@optimum.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
            You can do it for less via NJ Transit (visit njtransit.com), but the timing is less than ideal -- you'd waste a lot of time waiting for the right bus or train.  The shuttles are more expensive, but they're also a lot faster. Do you want me to forward your request to the Ostgardr (Greater NYC) list?

            -- Galefridus

            > 30$ ist pretty much. i read something from 10$ with a bus in a
            > travellguide.
            > new york didn´t look so far away last time.
            >

            > i know that 4 hours are not much, but it is better than 8 hours
            > airport, i
            > guess.
            >

            > but i am afraid i can´t pay 30$ per trip. :(
            >

            > cheers
            >
            > Matthias
            >

            > galefridus@... hat am 6. März 2011 um 16:55 geschrieben:
            >
            > > Regrettably, Newark Airport is something of an isolated
            > wasteland -- there's
            > > nothing to see or do there.  Shuttles are available into
            > Manhattan for about
            > > $30 round trip -- it's a 45 minute ride, more or less.  But 8
            > hours really
            > > isn't enough to show you a good time in NYC.  At best, someone
            > might be able
            > > to show you around the Times Square area and stop for a beer
            > at a decent bar.
            > >  If that's what you want, contact me privately -- I'll pass
            > the request on to
            > > the Ostgardr list, and maybe someone will be able to serve as
            > your guide (I'd
            > > do it myself, but I have a meeting at 1400 at work).
            > >
            > > -- Galefridus

          • Robin Carroll-Mann
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
              You might want to take a look at this:
              http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/ewr-airtrain-brochure-german.pdf

              Brighid ni Chiarain

            • ma-deisler@versanet.de
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
                oh sorry, yes, please send the request to the ostgardr list.

                Thank you very much.

                Cheers

                Matthias

                galefridus@... hat am 6. März 2011 um 19:50 geschrieben:

              • ma-deisler@versanet.de
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6, 2011
                  cool, that´s help a lot, 10$ is a good price.. an 40 minutes is all so okay.

                  tank you

                  cheers

                  Matthias

                  Robin Carroll-Mann <rcarrollmann@...> hat am 6. März 2011 um 19:52