Fwd: [EKMOAS] A&S Competition and Display, McLeod's Tavern, Caer Adamant, 3/12

  • Mathilde Poussin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Julie Stackable <malvoisine@...>
      Date: Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:45 AM
      Subject: [EKMOAS] A&S Competition and Display, McLeod's Tavern, Caer
      Adamant, 3/12
      To: EKMOAS@yahoogroups.com

      Greetings everyone!
      I will be sponsoring both an A&S Display and a People's
      Choice A&S Competition at the Shire of Caer Adamant's upcoming McLeod's
      Tavern event on March 12th in Newark, DE
      (see http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.html?eid3D2048 for
      event information)

      All artisans are encouraged to bring out their works,either for display or
      to enter the competition. Documentation is not required, but is highly
      encouraged. Even unfinished works are welcome in the display, so you can
      show off what you are working on and share your knowledge and hard work with
      others. The event theme is both Scottish AND Cookery, so of course everyone
      is encouraged to enter something in the competition along those lines, but
      all entries are welcomed.

      Again, I would really like to encourage everyone to include some
      documentation with their projects. If documenting your projects is something
      you've shied away from in the past, now would be an excellent time to get
      more comfortable with it in a very laid back atmosphere. I have included
      some links below to several websites with tips on documenting
      A&S projects and have highlighted one or two that I especially recommend. If
      anyone has any questions or would like some help writing documentation for a
      display or entry, please don't hesitate to contact me (my contact
      information is at the bottom).

      Note cards will be provided for both the display and competition - even if
      you don't have formal documentation, please come prepared to at least
      provide some basic information such as what the object is, what materials
      and methods were used and what time period/culture it represents.

      List of links for research:
      http://www.modaruniversity.org/Research.htm This page has about twenty
      articles.

      Two I especially recommend:
      http://web.archive.org/web/20041019042457/home.pcisys.net/~lyssa/document.html
      http://www.larsdatter.com/documentation.htm

      Another excellent website to help you document a plethora of things is
      Mistress Karen Larsdatter's website Medieval and Renaissance Material
      Culture. This is a huge collection of both artwork and examples of extant
      artifacts. It is an excellent starting point for documenting just about
      anything you can think of, neatly divided into many sub-categories.
      http://www.larsdatter.com/

      Again, if anyone has any questions or would like some assistance, please
      don't hesitate to ask. I can be reached at this email address or please feel
      free to contact me at 702.493.5675, no calls after 10pm please.
      Mistress Margaret Hepburn,
      Minister of Arts & Sciences, Shire of Caer Adamant

      --
      Qui s'y frotte s'y pique.