December 2010 Pikestaff Reminders

  • K White
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Good afternoon,

      We are coming up on content deadlines for the December 2010 Pikestaff.

      Many thanks to Isabel Chamberlaine for providing cover art for this issue.

      **Event Announcements: To all autocrats and stewards with events
      occurring in December 2010, or January or February 2011, please take a
      moment to check your events and make sure they are complete. For this
      issue, the deadline for complete event announcements is October 25th.

      What does it mean to be a complete event announcement? Per Society
      policy, to be considered complete, an announcement must contain:
      1. Day and month of the event
      2. When the site opens and closes
      3. The name of the sponsoring group
      4. The location (name, street address, and town) of the site. The
      postal code should be included if available.
      5. The name (both Society and modern) and street address of the autocrat
      6. If there is a fee being charged for the event, the statement "Make
      checks payable to <SCA, Inc. - Group Name>" must be included. The
      non-member surcharge must also be specified in the fee schedule.

      Not all of this information need be made available on the website, but
      it is required for Pikestaff. If you are running a Royal Progress, or
      an event at which baronial awards will be given which would appear in
      the EK Order of Precedence, you must have a complete event
      announcement in the Kingdom newsletter in the month your event is
      being held. This is so SCA business can be accomplished.

      **Officer Reports: To all officers, if you have reports for the
      December 2010 issue, please send them to the Pikestaff editor at
      editor@... by October 25th. Also, if you need an extra
      day to complete your letters or event announcements, please let the
      editor know as soon as possible. This allows her to leave enough
      space.

      My thanks for your assistance, and please feel at home to contact me
      with questions or contributions.

      Yours,
      Katerine
      Kingdom Chronicler