The SCA 2010 Census is now LIVE!

  • K White
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      Passing this announcement along on behalf of the Society Chronicler
      (it will also be included in Pikestaff).

      Catherine
      EK Chronicler
      -=-

      The SCA is us — you and me doing what we do. But who are we, what do
      we do, and how can we support each other to make the SCA the type of
      organization we can be proud of?

      The SCA 2010 Census committee has been asked by the Board of Directors
      to develop a census-level survey that will help us to address key
      issues facing the SCA. These issues affect our everyday experience in
      the SCA; from "pay for participation" issues and award structures to
      quantitative, qualitative, motivational, and behavioral demographics
      such as age, gender, activities and interest areas, and reasons for
      joining, remaining in, and leaving the SCA.

      Because this is a "census-level" survey, we are attempting to reach
      each and every SCA participant, regardless of whether or not they are
      paid members or are currently active. Everyone's voice is important to
      the success of this project.

      This information will help us, as an organization, move forward into
      the next decade, to identify, address and work on current issues and
      gain a better, deeper understanding into what makes the SCA what it is
      today. Your responses to these questions will also help us create a
      plan for making the SCA better organization in the future. The only
      way we can understand what is important is by hearing from you.

      The survey is completely anonymous, you will never be asked for
      information that will identify you.

      The SCA 2010 Census Survey is available here:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCA2010Census

      The website will remain open through December 1st. Once the data
      collection is completed, the results of this survey will be made
      available on the SCA 2010 Census website. All data that is collected
      or published will remain completely anonymous and will not be sold or
      shared beyond this survey’s purpose.

      If you would like to learn more about the SCA 2010 Census, if you have
      questions or ideas about the project, please contact the committee at
      scacensus2010@....

      Please take the time to fill out the survey. The voices of each and
      every participant in the SCA whether you are currently active or not,
      will help us to better understand the SCA and enable us to grow and
      flourish as an organization.

      Sincerely,
      - The SCA 2010 Census Committee
    • Pamela Herbert
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
[...]

        �To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the
        affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one
        life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.�
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

        The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you
        will make one.
        Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)