Re: [EKSouth] What happened of note on 8/17/1930?

  • Martin G. Diehl
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
      Taranach McLeod wrote:
      > This is quite interesting...
      > http://www.ou.edu/aoi/OU%20Organs/Moller%205819/PhiladelphiaMunicipalAuditorium.htm
      >
      > It may not be the only thing but it is fascinating in its own right!

      Yes, very interesting.

      Here is more information on the Philadelphia Civic Center,
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Civic_Center

      Alas, now gone ...

      Sic transit gloria mundi.

      > Taranach
      >
      > Melior abolesco in nostrum pedis quam ad servio in nostrum genua
      >
      > On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Dierk zem Grauen Wolf <
      > dierk@...> wrote:
      >
      >>I've been going through old family photo albums, boxes of photos, etc.
      >>and organizing them lately. In a plastic shopping bag buried in a box of
      >>photos and albums I found a few sections from the August 17, 1930
      >>edition of the Philadelphia Inquirer. The paper is in pretty bad shape,

      [snip]

      Vincenzo

      --
      Martin G. Diehl

      Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
      http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

      So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
      --MGD