Wilhelm - so far, so good

  • Anne Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009
      I just spoke to Ana again.

      Brian remains stable. He has been on a breathing tube and under sedation.

      They are going to remove the tube - the lung complication seems to be
      improving - and bring him, very slowly, out of sedation. He did
      respond slightly, yesterday, to her and to his daughter.

      Now - this is by no means actual Good News. It is maybe, though, a
      little better than the mere absence of bad news... which itself is
      pretty good, just now.

      Again, please forward this as appropriate - especially to RW. (I'm not
      on that list.) And good thoughts are still appreciated - he still has
      a long battle ahead of him.

      And, to those who do not know Wilhelm or Maestra Ana, my apologies -
      but, as she does not have access to her email at the hospital, this is
      the most efficient way for me to reach their friends.

      AEllin
    • Anne Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2009
        Well... slightly premature - they're keeping him under another day or
        so. Changed their minds after they started.

        Still stable, still as good as we can ask for, right now...

        AEllin