Re: July 2009 Pikestaff Reminders

  • Shannon Gallowglass
    Message 1 of 31 , May 20, 2009
      ...I see a cloud of dust coming down the road...wait, what could it
      be...it the East Kingdom Army heading for Pennsic!

      Please check the Pennsic pages for dates and deadline.

      One Announcement: I am informed by our web page staff that there could
      be a delay on transferring from the old server to the new. In the
      possibility of this occurring, I am extending the deadline for
      Pikestaff submissions for the July issue to May 28th.

      Now to business:

      First: reminder, this is the July 2009 issue. Please double check all
      date when writing event announcements.

      To All Autocrats who have events occurring in July, August and September
      2009. Please take a moment to double check your events and make sure
      that all information is available. Deadline is the 28th of May for the
      July issue.

      To all Officers, if you have reports that must go into July 2009's
      issue, please get it to me by April 28th.

      As always, if you need an extra day to complete your letters or event
      announcements, please let me know no later then the 28th that you have
      something you would like printed. This allows me to leave enough space.

      Reminder, if you are running a Royal Progress, you must have "a complete
      event announcement" in the Kingdom newsletter in the month your event is
      being held. This is so Kingdom business can be accomplished.

      FINAL NOTICE:
      The deadline date for the September issue of the Pikestaff is July
      17th. Again July 17th is the deadline for the September issue. Unlike
      most months, where I have some flexibility, I do not have any on this
      one. With this early date, it gives me exactly 7 days to assemble and
      send to the printers before I leave for Pennsic. (and pack as well!) So
      I thank you now and in the coming month for your help in making this happen.

      As always, thank you one and all for your cooperation and never ending
      support.

      In Service,
      Your Chronicler
      - Shannon
    • Shannon Gallowglass
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 8, 2010
        The Society for Creative Anachronism:

        Strong honorable knights locked in armored combat;
        Beautiful ladies in soft flowing gowns;
        Amazing craft work;
        Delicious feasts;
        The very best of the Middles Ages -
        Normally . . .

        The Directors and Corporate Staff would like to extend a cordial
        invitation for all to attend the Second Quarter meeting on Saturday,
        April 17, 2010 beginning at 9:00 a.m.

        This is your opportunity to see how the business end of the society
        functions and something every SCA member ought to experience.

        Doubletree Hotel
        Savannah Historic District
        411 West Bay Street
        Savannah GA 31401

        We are very pleased to be traveling to Meridies and are looking forward
        to meeting people and gaining input from the attendees. We hope to see
        you there!

        Please note: this meeting is a modern business meeting, and modern
        clothing is appropriate.

        Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up
        now. <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/>

        Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
        SCA Inc.
        Box 360789
        Milpitas, CA 95036

        You may also email comments@....

        This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.

        address.