*SERAGLIO* - Selling out Fast!

  • Gabrielle Gealbhan an Ruadh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2008
      I am now receiving multiple reservations on a daily basis.
      If you are serious about attending this event, do NOT procrastinate!!
      Send in your check to me ASAP!!!

      Gabi Rosen
      17 Dixon Lane
      Belle Mead, NJ
      08502-4311
      ChkMateKng2 @ aol . com

      Make Checks Payable to: SCA, inc - Barony of Settmour Swamp

      Scroll down for more information!

      SERAGLIO!

      Saturday, November 15th, 2008

      Hosted by Barony of Settmour Swamp - Flemington, NJ
      Event Last Modified: September 25th, 2008
      "I do not choose to flee. Those who have worn the crown should
      never survive its loss. Never shall I see the day when I am not
      saluted as empress. If you mean to flee, Caesar, well and good.
      You have the money, the ships are ready, the sea is open. As for
      me, I shall stay. "
      ---- -Empress Theodora, 532, CE

      You have come for a Feast, and a Sumptuous Feast you shall have, but
      at this Circus, just as at the one in 532 CE Constantinople, you shall
      have to answer the Question: Are you a Blue or are you a Green? Which
      side do you support? We shall find out during the feast! Keeping in
      mind the bounds of propriety and taste, please have insults,
      invectives and other clever bits at the ready to hurl in order to show
      your Opponents that YOUR side has the right of it! Perhaps your
      allegiance shall even be tested beforehand?.

      Classes will be held during the day beginning at 1:00 p.m. and ending
      at 5:00 p.m. Content of the classes will be determined by those who
      teach; if you would like to teach, please e-mail Lady Gabrielle an
      Ruadh chkmate2@... . Classes, will be divided into , ideally,
      one-hour spots, but that depends upon the actual classes, if you need
      more time, just let us know; if you class is shorter, that's fine, too.
      The Bountiful Byzantine Feast shall be orchestrated by the Lady Siobna
      ap Prechainn and spaces are limited to 80 people.

      Seating for the Feast shall be, as tradition dictates, both Eastern
      and Western-Style, if you know your preference, please send it in with
      your reservation so we know how many tables to set up, thank you!
      So bring your Carpets and Cushions upon which to sit, should you
      decide to sit Eastern Style; they may also be useful to you throughout
      the day for your comfort.

      Byzantine A&S Contest: Begin your Projects anon! Judges to include,
      of course the Baron and Baroness, the Mistress of Arts and Sciences,
      Lady Elisabeth Eleanor Lovell, and others to be named later, it could
      even be YOU! Projects could have a Byzantine Bent, should the Muses
      thus strike you but all Projects will be weclome!

      Children's Activities shall be arranged with the Office of the
      Chancellors Minor.

      Merchants are welcome, for the small price of $5, you may use one of
      our tables; there is room for at least 10 merchants but space is
      limited. If you need more than one table, please bring your own
      second table. Pleas e contact Lady Gabrielle an Ruadh at
      chkmatekng2@....

      *Event Schedule:
      12:00 Troll Opening,
      1:00-5:00 Classes and/or Lolling about, nibbling on noshes, playing
      instruments, dancing, talking, socializing with friends and those who
      might so become.
      6:00: Feast, Socializing, Wondrous Performances Which With to Thrill
      One's Eyes, Ears and Any Other Available Senses, Court at their
      Excellencies Discretion, and other Goings-On of General Merriment and
      Happiness. Unlike at that Circus in 532, there shan't be a riot but
      in the Spirit thereof, there shall be a friendly rivalry betwixt the
      Blues and the Greens
      10 p.m.: After that we shall clean-up, and get
      11 p.m.: OUT of the building; one need not return to one's home, but
      one mayen't tarry here!
      Directions:
      Directions to St Paul's Church, Rt 31, Flemington NJ

      St Paul's is located along Route 31 in Flemington, next door to the
      Hunterdon Medical Center, two miles north of the Flemington Circle
      From Route 287
      • Take I-287 to US-202 (Exit 17).
      • Go South on US-202 to Flemington NJ
      • Make first right in circle to get on NJ-31 North
      • Follow signs to Hospital; Make first Left past Hospital onto Gaunt
      Place, church is on left.
      From Route 78=2 0(western NJ / PA)
      • Go East on I-78 to NJ-31 (Exit 17)
      • Take Route 31 south
      • Follow signs for Hospital; Make right onto Gaunt Place, church is on
      Left.
      From Northeast Jersey/New York City
      • New Jersey Turnpike south to I-78 West
      • Take I-78 express lane west towards GARDEN STATE PARKWAY / CLINTON.
      • Merge onto I-78 express Lane west.
      • Take exit 29 for I-287 South towards Somerville (RT 202/206)
      • Take exit 17 (202/206 south) towards SOMERVILLE(US-22 W) / FLEMINGTON.
      • Stay straight to go onto US-202 S. until you reach Flemington
      • Take first Right on circle to stay on NJ-31 North
      • Follow signs to Hospital; Make first Left past Hospital onto Gaunt
      Place, church is on left.
      From southeast Jersey / Garden State Parkway
      • Take Parkway North to exit 98 (I-195)
      • Go West on I-195 to I-295 North
      • Take I-295 North to I-95 South
      • Take I-95 to exit 4 - Route 31
      • Go North on NJ-31 to Flemington
      • Take first right on circle to stay on NJ-31 North
      • Follow signs to Hospital;
      • Make first Left past Hospital onto Gaunt Place, church is on left.
      From Philadelphia
      • Take I-95 NORTH to New Jersey, get off at exit 4 - Route 31.
      • Take Rt 31 North to Flemington
      • At circle, go 1/2 way around to stay on NJ-31 North
      • Follow signs to Hospital; Make first Left past Hospital onto Gaunt
      Place, church is on left.
      At-a-Glance Event Information
      Site:
      St. Paul's Lutheran Church
      Route 31 and Gaunt Pl.
      Flemington, NJ 08822
      Show me a map!

      Site Opens: 12 noon
      Site Closes: 11 pm

      Event Fees:

      Site : Fees for the event are as follows: On-Board - $16.00, for
      Adults; $11.00 for Minors, (6-17), Children under 6 free.
      Day-trippers: $8.00 for Adults, $5.00 for Children (6-17), and
      Children under 6 free.

      Please provide proof of membership, or add the $3 non-member surcharge.

      Reservation Refund policy: If, after sending in a reservation, you
      are unable to attend, please contact the autocrat before the event.
      Site fees and merchant fees will be refunded after the event. Feast
      fees will be refunded if we are able to resell your feast space.

      Send Reservations to:
      Reservations: Please send Reservations along with your SCAdian and
      Mundane Names and your Membership Number as well as a way in which we
      may contact you, should the need arise, preferably your E-mail address
      but phone number is fine, also, to
      Gabi Rosen
      17 Dixon Lane
      Belle Mead, NJ
      08502-4311
      ChkMateKng2@...
      or 908-431-1175

      Autocrat:
      Autocrat: Robyn Bauman/Lady Morgaine/Dima MESidhe@...

      Other Contact Information:
      Autocrat: Robyn Bauman/Lady Morgaine/Dima MESidhe@...
      Co-Autocrat: Arianne Grosky/Lady Rummi Usagi636@...
      Feastocrat : Lady Siobhna ap Prechainn (Elizabeth Green)
      Entertainment Directrix: Lady Rummi
      Charge des Affaires for Classes: Lady Gabrielle an Ruadh
      Merchant Wrangler: Lady Gabrielle an Ruadh Chkmatekng2@...
      Mise En Scene: Lady Lydia FitzWaulter

      Make Checks Payable to: SCA, inc - Barony of Settmour Swamp