OT Help needed New York City Area

  • JC Sandstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Oh my Friends --

      Some of you may remember me, I hope. I write now asking help for my Cousin who is fighting Cancer of the Central Nervous System. He just got a marrow transplant and needs transfusions to carry him while it starts to produce. The details are below.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Sheik Omar Mohammud Mirzazadeh
      Eastern Ex-pat riding in the Outlands.

      NATHANAEL SANDSTROM Needs Blood & Platelets

      Nathanael is currently a patient at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. His bone marrow transplant process requires regular blood and platelet transfusions.

      Nathanael, his wife Laura and family would deeply appreciate your donation of blood and/or platelets and hopes you will ask others you know to donate. Donations not used by Nathanael will be released for use by other patients, many of whom are children.

      Designated donations for Nathanael must be made in the Blood Donor Room of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

      Please visit www.mskcc.org/blooddonations for complete information about donor eligibility and the donation process for blood or platelets.

      For answers to questions and to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you please CALL:

      Mary Thomas @ 212-639-3335
      Coordinator, Blood Donor Program
      thomasfm@...
      or
      The Blood Donor Room – 212-639-7648

      Appointments are necessary

      The Blood Donor Room Is Open Every Day
      Fri Sat Sun Mon 8:30am - 3:00pm
      Tues Wed Th 8:30am - 7:00pm

      1250 First Avenue (between 67th/68th Streets) NYC - Schwartz Building lobby

      FREE parking is available for donors at our garage 433 East 66th Street
      corner of York Avenue.

      The process for donating whole blood takes approximately 1 hour.
      The process for donating platelets takes about 2 ½ hours.

      All blood types are acceptable